Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock issue

CE325

I recently disassembled my G17 and polished the trigger etc.  took it to a match today and when I pulled the trigger it fired 1 round then quickly another.  It happened 2 times and I noticed when pulling the trigger and holding it then racking the slide the slide does not fully return. Here is a video 

anyone know what's going on??

That looks like a recoil spring.  That is actually glocks test for the recoil spring.  Hold the trigger down and rack the slide easing it forward.  That doesnt explain the burst mode though.  Is it always only 2 rounds or does it sometime go more than that?

OP, why don't you tell us all the mods you done on the pistol and save us some time in trouble shooting it.  It's doubtful that the doubling is being caused by polishing.  What parts did you change and what springs are in the pistol.  

I installed a 3.5lb connector in it and extended slide release, mag release in it about 5 years ago.  Recoil spring is stock along with everything else.  

It has around 6-8k rounds fired and about the same dry fired. 

I think lone wolf. But like I said it was years ago and it has been working fine. Until I recently 

polished and cleaned/lubed it. 

When the slide is back you can see the trigger bar lift up through the gap between the slide and frame. Idk if that is normal or not never noticed it

Have you ever replaced the recoil spring?  If not, it is overdo because the recommended life is 3k-5k rounds.  That should fix the issue of the slide not going into battery as seen in the video.

As for the doubling, you mentioned that it started after polishing parts.  Exactly what parts, and what method did you use for polishing?

Edited by Captains1911

I'm thinking the slide not going into battery and the bursts are separate issues.  I would change your recoil spring and see if that solves the not going into battery problem.  After that I would check the engagement of the trigger bar crucifix and the firing pin.  Glock makes a special slide plate that allows you to see that engagement.  If the crucifix doesn't engage the firing pin enough the firing pin could slip off and cause another round to go bang.  A new trigger bar isn't very expensive and sounds like good insurance to avoid full auto by accident.

22 minutes ago, Captains1911 said:

Have you ever replaced the recoil spring?  If not, it is overdo because the recommended life is 3k-5k rounds.  That should fix the issue of the slide not going into battery as seen in the video.

As for the doubling, you mentioned that it started after polishing parts.  Exactly what parts, and what method did you use for polishing?

The usual parts. I used a Dremal with a little polish compound. Nothing crazy. 

23 minutes ago, Edge40 said:

I'm thinking the slide not going into battery and the bursts are separate issues.  I would change your recoil spring and see if that solves the not going into battery problem.  After that I would check the engagement of the trigger bar crucifix and the firing pin.  Glock makes a special slide plate that allows you to see that engagement.  If the crucifix doesn't engage the firing pin enough the firing pin could slip off and cause another round to go bang.  A new trigger bar isn't very expensive and sounds like good insurance to avoid full auto by accident.

I never have replace the recoil spring so I might just go ahead and do that.  

Probly will replace the trigger bar also. 

23 hours ago, darkvibe said:

Make sure the spring under the firing pin stop plunger is in right.  Probably jammed in the hole sideways. 

I could see that contributing to the burst but could that cause the slide to not go into battery? 

Best bet would be disassembling the gun and reasembling (everything). That way you can inspect any parts that may be holding the gun back. If theres actually a part with an issue you should see a mark somewhere, specially if you are letting the slide slam on it with a fair amount of force. 

Btw how does the guide rod and spring feel when installed to the barrel? Does it hold with a fair amount of force or does it come off easily? That should give you a ball park if you need one or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 9:54 PM, darkvibe said:

Make sure the spring under the firing pin stop plunger is in right.  Probably jammed in the hole sideways. 

^^^^ This. Same thing happened to me a few years ago, turns the gun in a auto-doubletap machine. Pretty scary actually; and very easy to do if your not paying attention to the FPS spring as it goes in.

The extra hang-up to the trigger bar is what makes it "catch" before returning completely into battery. I actually had several Glock armorers look at it, and they could'nt find the problem.

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2017 at 9:54 PM, darkvibe said:

Took it apart today and the the spring under the plunger was laying sideways! 

Reinstalled everything correctly and seems all good.