Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slip on MKA1919 Match Charging Handle Upgrade?

ropsitos

Got to thinking that with the match verson's right side charging handle being a round cylinder and ribbed, I thought I could make up a slip on charging handle similar to a Tromix-style for the AK.  I have one of those and it's worked well on my WASR.

So I CAD'd one up and had it 3d printed.  Tapped for a 10-32 set screw.

I've not seen anyone offer this type, so I'm wondering if people have "been there" and found it doesn't work.

Debating on making it in steel or Aluminium; Al lighter which is better for cycling, but steel is stronger so I can put more torque into the setscrew and keep it on there.  I would expected to red loctite either way.

Let me know what you know

thanks
Bob

IMG_3630_sml.jpg

IMG_3631_sml.jpg

Mainly because I didnt want to have to make the bolt interface geometry.  A slip on like shown is really really simple to fabricate.  2 coaxial holes, 1 through hole fit to to the handle, the other drilled from the same direction, larger, just for weight reduction.  1 perpendicular hole to the axis tapped for the set screw.  4 slots for weight reduction.  Knurl and part off.  Tumble/sandblast and anodize/cerakote/steel blue.  I bet I could probably turn it freehand on my wood lathe, minus the slots.  But I could drill them out an file then to make them into slots.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, xrrcr said:

Same thing only different here.

Slips over the stock handle. Held on by an allen screw in the center. The stock handle has a perfect ID for a m8x1.25 thread.

Nice. Loctite on the screw?