Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tape blowing off, can the RO determine an accurate score

motosapiens

13 hours ago, bret said:

if the target can be scored, the rules say score it and no reshoot.

that's not actually what the rules say. Paraphrased, they something like if the RO judges that an accurate score can be determined, score it and no re-shoot. Apparently not everyone agrees fully on when an accurate score can be determined.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late to the party. 

First lets start off with this was a Level 1 match. The Winnebago up for grabs wasn't even running. To add to that Motosapiens won it last month and the sheets would need to be burned and replaced.

It was one of those days where the sun was to the back of the target and the wind was blowing through Moto's hair....oh wait back on track. It was pretty easy to see the light piercing through the black hardcover on the single target as each shot was being broken. Shooter even commented "about the mikes" as he/she made ready for the next string.

I scored 3 Mikes 3 Alpha based on what I saw transpire and what was on the paper. My Secondary RO/Scorekeeper agreed with the call based on what he saw as well. There were a total of 4 discernable hits in the A zone if I recall correctly. Neither here nor there as they were all A zone hits. No other hits besides the hardcover black. None. Zilch. Zero. El Negative numero.

Based on If there are extra scoring hits or questionable penalty hits thereon, Yes sir there were.

and to me as a certified RO not at his first rodeo...... it was obvious which hits were made by the competitor being scored. 

Well George how did he know? I watched the three mikes happen and all the other hits were Alphas. This all means the main argument was how do I know which Alphas 9mm hits were theirs and which 9mm Alphas hits were someone else's. That's really what the argument was.... 

At the end of the day I didn't win the Winnebago but I get to go home to my hot girlfriend who most times doesn't like me. I immediately left this argument due to the shooter (who is a CRO) eloquently pointed out that I'm only an RO and don't know what I'm talking about. I handed the timer to a National Match working CRO and said you make the call. I don't get paid enough to get yelled at by a shooter emotional distraught over a game. 

At the end of the day. I can see both sides but believe it could have been scored fairly. 

Edited by praetorian97

If the RO saw the mikes being shot and all other shots were alphas case closed the RO makes the call and end of conversation.

Let the GM man up and accept that he missed, tomorrow is another day!

My call is:

3 alphas/3 mikes ; you are welcome to call the MD,(or whoever is the chief bottle washer who makes those calls at that club). if you so desire, we'll pull the target and wait for his response

We probably should have handled it the way we handle praetorian's scores when he whines and begs for undeserved reshoots. We just add a no-shoot or two onto his scoresheet while he's not looking........ or at least that's how he claims he gets no-shoots, lol.

13 hours ago, motosapiens said:

We probably should have handled it the way we handle praetorian's scores when he whines and begs for undeserved reshoots. We just add a no-shoot or two onto his scoresheet while he's not looking........ or at least that's how he claims he gets no-shoots, lol.

I like it!  LOL

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 0:06 AM, motosapiens said:

That is a very sensible argument from the standpoint of technicality, but it's a little bizarre from the standpoint of sporting equity. Essentially you are saying "we know you f*cked this stage up, but we can't tell if it was 3 mikes or 4-5 mikes, so we're going to give you another chance." Probably all evens out tho.

I agree with this, and it illustates the point that score cannot be accurately determined.

On 4/1/2017 at 6:34 AM, SWprotected said:

I agree with this, and it illustates the point that score cannot be accurately determined.

With all due respect, a large number of very experienced shooters and officials were *easily* able to determine an accurate score because we were watching it as it happened. There was no doubt whatsoever that the shooter shot 3 mikes and 3 alphas.

Fortunately, the final arbiter of these matters (the Lord) spoke firmly and eloquently on the re-shoot, which ended up only slightly worse.