Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Case Feeding Issue

Lately my 650 will occasionally not drop a case.  I am loading 40 S&W and I am lubing the cases before the reloading session.  My 650 has never done this before and just don't know what the cause could possibly be.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Walter 

I thought about that Sarge and cleaned all of the parts that come in contact with the case in the process with some M-Pro 7.  Didn't correct the issue.  Just so strange that I have never had this before and all of a sudden it starts.  I spoke to Dillon and they sent me a new indexing cam which I have not yet installed.  Guess tomorrow that will be on the calendar.  As always thanks for the courtesy of the reply Sarge.

13 hours ago, Aggieddad02 said:

Lately my 650 will occasionally not drop a case.  I am loading 40 S&W and I am lubing the cases before the reloading session.  My 650 has never done this before and just don't know what the cause could possibly be.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Walter 

Maybe try taking a picture when it's hung up posted and it might help out on some suggestions. Just a thought. 

I had this happen once. The cause of my problem was the case feed arm return spring had broken, and the 2 pieces were binding up inside the return spring hole. That kept the case feed arm from moving far enough to drop the case.

Check the spring. Ya just never know. 

Edited by Jimk60

I had this happen last week on my XL650 loading 40 S&W.  Turned out all I had to do was loosen the cam screw (#9 on user manual diagram) and adjust the case insert slide and slide cam.  That fixed it.

1 hour ago, Jimk60 said:

A question, why are you lubing your pistol cases?

When loading 40 S&W I use a Redding Dual Ring sizing die to insure the Glock bulge is not an issue.  Lubing makes the process a lot easier and by the way it does not take a whole lot

21 minutes ago, 3GDad said:

Sounds like The Donald ran into the same problem and solution that worked for me.  It's a 2 second fix.

So it seems 3GDad, I spoke to Dillon on Monday of last week and they sent me a new Insert Cam, the black sloped part that pushes the case, going to change it out today and see if that takes care of the problem.  I was curious to see if there were other considerations.  Thanks for the time to reply to my OP

I'm interested in hearing how this ends up getting resolved.  If it is not gunk in the adaptor, the case must be hanging up somewhere else--is the cam arm moving fully forward (wondering if the case is not making it past the shelf to a point it can drop).