Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi customer service

billdozer

I recently acquired a used svi in 9mm. I want to put a metal grip on it.  I wanted to put a signature grip on it be exact.  I call svi ask if i sent the gun in and buy the grip from them,  would they fit it,  then re finish the whole pistol with the grip.  The girl on the phone said they don't offer that service. Does this seem normal or did i just talk to the wrong person? 

You need to create an account on www.sviguns.com and fill out and submit an RMA. They will let you know what the next step is. I have/had several SV pistols and the Strayers and their team at Infinity Firearms are happy to help their customers and do a fine job of it. 

If your pistol has been molested or tormented by a shade tree gunsmith that may be a problem. 

That was Tiffany on the phone. She is very helpful. Everyone at infinity is very helpful. Did you tell her it is a factory SV gun?

If it is..

I inquired of this same service a few months ago. It's 450$ install, fit and refinish. May require a new grip safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's completely possible that the work volume is such that they can't take the time away from new builds to do a grip install and refinish.  Although, that would be a departure from what they have done in the past.  FWIW, Brandon and Sandy have virtually always worked 7 days a week since I met them in 2008.  Another possibility in this case, is that it was a gunsmith kit from back in the day, and they have no idea who actually built the gun.........

On Tue Feb 28 2017 at 4:34 AM, RangerTrace said:

It's completely possible that the work volume is such that they can't take the time away from new builds to do a grip install and refinish.  Although, that would be a departure from what they have done in the past.  FWIW, Brandon and Sandy have virtually always worked 7 days a week since I met them in 2008.  Another possibility in this case, is that it was a gunsmith kit from back in the day, and they have no idea who actually built the gun.........

Factory built gun. Its not really a big deal, I'll just fit it myself and send it to h&m. I was just trying to think of not hurting the value of the gun. 

Edited by billdozer
Added info

I am in line for my SV build about 5 months to go. Dropped over 7k on a limited build I hope this isn't a sign of how things go with their customer service. I have heard only good things about the service side. Hope it was just a misunderstanding. 

Maybe try the method suggested above (log on to their gun builder and submit an rma)?

as pointed out it's a bit rough if they won't support their product. It would be like Ferrari refusing to service your 458 Italia. 

I think sv are great and hopefully you can purchase the grip and have the grip fitted and gun refinished. After all you're trying to preserve the value of one of their builds. 

14 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

When was your gun built? 

2007. Which is kind of surprising, it has a sight tracker, a rail, and aet barrel. A lot of more modern features for a 10 year old gun.

Edited by billdozer