Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I use G34 upper with an RTF2 frame in USPSA production?

Grandfather Glock

Did Glock ever offer the 34 with the RTF2 frame? I don't think I've ever seen one, but if they had then I would think you could buy a RTF2 frame and put a 34 slide on it. When buying just the frame you wouldn't know whether it came from a 17 or 34 as long as the 34 was ever offered with the RTF2 frame.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the rules Prohibit this? 

I'm not seeing information in the rules that would cover this specially. Except that replacement parts are allowed if they come from another production gun allowed. And stippling and grip tape, grip modules may be changed. 

1 hour ago, Marshal82 said:

How does the rules Prohibit this? 

I'm not seeing information in the rules that would cover this specially. Except that replacement parts are allowed if they come from another production gun allowed. And stippling and grip tape, grip modules may be changed. 

Appendix D4-21.3.  Replacement slides and barrels must be the length, contour, and caliber as the original.  So if you have a 17 RTF2 you can't put a 34 slide and barrel on it.  However, as I mentioned earlier, if Glock ever produced a 34 with the RTF2 frame, then you could buy just an RTF2 frame (they're often for sale on gunbroker) and put a 34 slide and barrel on it.  There'd be no way to know whether that frame came from a 17 or a 34 if both were made with the RTF2 frames; however, if Glock never made a 34 RTF2 then obviously it would be a frame from a 17 and not be allowed.  And yes, this is a dumb nuance to the rules...

I understand but at the same time the  "Appendix D4-21.3.  Replacement slides and barrels must be the length, contour, and caliber as the original." Could be argued both ways. Maybe I'm not using a replacement slide, maybe I'm getting a replacement frame? Or I guess the frame being the "firearm" because it holds the serial number. 

LIke I said doesn't matter to me really but I go have both a 34 and a 17 RTF. I actually prefer my 34 with grip tape 

50 minutes ago, Nik Habicht said:

Nope-- G17RTF2 is on the production gun list; G34 RTF2 is not......

Ha!  I didn't even think to look at the list when I replied.  I just assumed the RTF2 models wouldn't be listed separately since they're Gen 3s with just a different texture on the grip.  Actually that's kind of weird that they did list the 17 and 22 RTF2 since Gen 1-3 aren't listed separately on the list, they just all fall under the base model #s.  Also there's other RTF2 frames not on the list, the 19, 23, and maybe the 31 and 32, I forget if those ever came in RTF2 as well.