Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Mag Loading

Dbellyflop

I am shooting my first classifier this weekend. I have found many examples of how to load your mags for the old classifier.

any suggestions for the new one?

easiest I have worked out is just 6 per mag, and reload between strings......California, so only 10 round mags.....

Just looking for a better way, to help speed things up..

Thanks,

if possible, just have enough mags to get through the whole thing without ever having to top off a mag. That's 8 strings total, and 4 of them with reloads. So if you had 12 mags with 6 rounds in them you'd never be wrong and you'd never have to stop and load mags.

i like having to reload mags as it gives me a break and i don't want to feel rushed on the classifier. you're there to perform your best, not make sure you don't make anyone's lunch 6 minutes later in the day.

Edited by rowdyb

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately with only a 10 round capacity you need 4 mags of 6 per stage to get through the classifier. I load up two mags of 6 and one mag of 12 per stage since here in MO we don't have that restriction. 

I really like the way my club handles the classifier. We run a stage at a time with two alternating lanes so everyone goes through one stage then we set up the next stage. It minimizes lulls for reloading since you're reloading your mags while waiting your turn for the next stage, and it also minimizes the admin pauses for the unloading and loading.