Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steiner P4xi

optimator

I like what I've read about this scope. Unfortunately, no one has one around here for me to look at. I'm currently running a Strike Eagle on my 3 gun rifle. I don't mind giving up 2x for better glass and a better 1x. Would this scope be that much of an upgrade over my Vortex?

Yes it would be. I didn't like the cloudy, to me, glass on the Strike Eagle. The P4xi glass is much clearer. Not as clear as my Razor but much better than the Strike Eagle. It's good glass for the price point for sure. 

I put it on a 12.5" for a bay gun. Several guys I shoot with are looking at picking one up after shooting mine. 

I just made this switch. Sold the SE. It was a good scope for the money for sure. But I could never bond with what I felt was a clunky reticle with stadia that was too thick, imo.

I have only shot the Steiner in one match and some practice, but I like it a lot. I like the reticle much more. Cleaner sight picture. The glass is not a Vortex HD, but it is better than the SE by a fair bit. Some distortion at the edges at 1X. Overall it is a nicer scope and so far it seems to be a pretty awesome price point. It's also more compact which makes mounting options a little more generous. Paid 459.00 with cat tail lever at Botach. 

Here you can see how with the SE I could not get scope much further forward in the AP extended mount. The Steiner considerably more compact. Didn't weigh them (brainfart) when I had them both out, but the Steiner feels much lighter on the gun to me.

Just my low speed opinion!

Steiner.jpg

In it's price range, I'm not sure there is a better option than the P4Xi.  Good class, clean reticle, and the illumination is absolutely daylight bright.  Got mine for $479 on sale with the throw lever included and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I found myself in need of an affordable 1-4x.

• 6 months later...

Thanks Charlie. One question...it seems like there are two reticle choices. One seems to have lines that are thicker at the edges and get thinner to the center. Have you seen this as well?

Thanks again. Ordered through Botach per your reco. 479 shipped with throw lever. Can't wait to check it out. Our matches max out at 300yrds with most of the shots being in bays out to 50 so should be perfect!

I put one on my PCC for matches with targets past 50 yards.  Great scope with great illumination.  I've since sold all my other 1-4x Burris Tac30's.

i can save you 10% on anything at optics planet which makes this scope about $500 shipped.

shoot me a pm if you need a discount code.

Edited by JesseTischauser

Have one on my Armalite. Was going to go with a Vortex or Burris but glad I put out a few more bucks. When they sau red dot is day bright, they mean DAY bright. Mid day on sandy ranges in Florida I only need maybe half power, maybe a click or two over to see it well.

Clarity is great, and BDC works well, tried it out to 600yds without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update...placed my order over two weeks ago with BOTACH and still waiting on shipping. Talked with Customer service 3 times and was told someone would get back to me on the status of my order... No calls or response. Best price, WORST service. Cancelling order today if there is no resolution.

Quick update...placed my order over two weeks ago with BOTACH and still waiting on shipping. Talked with Customer service 3 times and was told someone would get back to me on the status of my order... No calls or response. Best price, WORST service. Cancelling order today if there is no resolution.

Botach is either awesome with low prices and no drama.. or it goes like you just described

Ended up getting from Optics Planet with help from Jesse (Thanks again!). 10 bucks cheaper and ZERO drama. Botach is on my no call list. When you manage to get through to them it sounds like they are working out of their basement... beware.