Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz p01 for ccp

1911vm

1 hour ago, Gary Stevens said:

Not being a CZ guy I have very limited knowledge of them. Is the compact available as a single safety or can the off side be removed. I sent an e-mail to CZ custom about a week ago but have not received a reply.

Thanks

Gary, CZ makes a huge variety of different models.   They are generally available in batches.  The steel framed railed compacts with ambi safeties are a unique pistol that reportedly were a special order run that was not purchased by the entity that ordered it.  However, you should be able to find a non railed steel framed compact with a single sided safety, a 75c.  That is a typical configuration for steel framed compacts with safety.  I just did a quick search on gunbroker and there are several available in the $500 price range.  Regarding safety removal, I'm not sure what would be involved in doing this.  eerw could answer.  However, you shouldn't need to do this. You can buy a compact with a single sided safety. 

Or, you can buy a p01 which is the decocker model.  The difference is with the decocker model you will start hammer down while with the 75c you can start hammer down or condition 1, which you might prefer as a 1911 guy.  Also, the safety models are easier to disassemble and tune than the decocker guns.  If you take up CZs, you will learn to work on them yourself.  They are harder to disassemble and reassemble than 1911s.     

Edited by twowheels

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2017 at 12:20 PM, twowheels said:

Steel framed railed compact with thin safeties is thin enough with thin grips and it is under 38 oz with a mag. 

Sorry to bring up an old thread but twowheels were you able to get an ambi safety P-01 to fit in the CCP box?

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, Shootingbeaver said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but twowheels were you able to get an ambi safety P-01 to fit in the CCP box?

Haven't tried but my caliper measurements say no without some serious grinding.  

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2018 at 10:22 PM, Shootingbeaver said:

You have to switch to the regular P-01 slide release and file it down about .025.  The post of the slide release doesn't stick out past the right safety so that side is good. It's about .100 for the right safety. 1.100 for the frame. That leaves you with  .175 to play with on the left side. Every pistol is a little different.

P01.jpg

P01angle.jpg

Edited by tbonekilla

i gather these are omega trigger p01's y'all are talking about? I wouldn't hesitate to run my EDC p01 in idpa if I thought IDPA was a thing, but it is decocker only old-school trigger... which is fine because I practice so DA is a non-issue.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, bronxlive said:

Was anyone able to confirm whether or not the CZ P01 Omega fit the CCP box?

If so do you have to do any mods to make it fit?

20190404-074025.jpg

Fits the box fine with stock sights and 14 round mag. With the Dawson sights I use the Mec Gar 10 rd mags I use for CCP anyway.

20190208-164625.jpg

The parts shown were all replaced w CGW parts. I am using an 11.5 # CGW hammer spring and when I put it in I expected LPS's, but have yet to have even one. I am just as fast on drills with this gun as I am w my Shadow 2. Shot an IDPA match in SSP w it and finished 2nd OA to a 28 yr old (I'm 64) w one of those cheater CO guns. 🙄

Edited by Jeff O