Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3 gun scope Athlon midas 1-6

I wanted to post a quick mention on a new 3 gun scope from a newer optics company. I was able to get a prototype of the new 3 gun reticle from athlon. Its based on a 200 yard zero, 68-69gr bullet, going 2750, and 3 moa targets. All of which are very common in 3 gun. Instead of crosshairs you bracket the target in the opening. The mid distance holds are 3 moa as well, and you use the vertical part of the stadia for that. It works very well and is very fast and intuitive. It also has 5 mph wind holds at each distance.  The glass is flat, and bright. no fisheye. Compared to my swaro, i lost about 2 feet of fov at 100 yards. On the prototype the illumination isn't daylight bright. Hopefully they can remedy that in the production models. This scope will retail under $500, and is feature packed and a good value, with the glass and reticle, it's a winner!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzjke7vigdbumtc/received_1931087050453501.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq10w3xz1yi8lku/20170208_203014.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfmvo13e0y0z2qx/Screenshot_20170210-110418.png?dl=0

Edited by billdozer
Added info

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It just got in stock, mine will be here hopefully before this weekend. And should be available to order from your athlon dealer. If you don't have an athlon dealer near you, you can order direct from them or they will get you in contact with a dealer.

3 hours ago, Dberm118 said:

been running this optic for the last 3-4 months check out my post on it. Loving it so far!!

Have you been running it with the new 3 gun reticle? The production ones just became available. I designed the reticle,  so I've been shooting a prototype. 

Edited by billdozer

The new reticle (I'm biased) is badass for 3 gun with any distance.

I'll have to check that out! And these have hit the floor already? I'll be calling my dealer today!! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a production one,  glass is gtg, scope is well made. Dot isn't daylight bright, but was plenty bright enough to work in less light conditions. I rarely turned the dot on in my swaro. The reticle and holds are what make this scope. There are plans in the future for a brighter dot and other scopes in the works, but it hasn't held me back so far. 

They are generally available now. The dot isn't daylight bright, yet. It hasnt really been an issue to me. But it will be remedied...eventually. Basically they werent moving many 1-6 scopes. I came to them with my reticle idea. They need it to sell a few before they invest in redesigning the electronics for a small market and an item that wasnt moving very well for them yet. They are excited about 3 gun and I would look for more products from them in the future geared towards us. This was their first stab into the gun games, this scope checks all the boxes except the daylight bright dot. But in this price range the glass is WAY above the pay grade, the scope is well made and the reticle is the tits.

Love that the reticle was addressed because I use my 1-6 MIL for 3-gun only and by the looks of the new reticle it looks pretty bitchin with the bracket holdovers for specified distances! I have my 1-6 Midas BTR MIL reticle up for sale so I can swoop one of these up if you know anyone.

I got this scope mounted and zeroed on the wife and I's rifles last weekend.  So far I am very impressed.  Nothing different than what everyone else has said.  The glass is much better than you would expect from a scope at this price point.  The dot isn't daylight bright, but I very seldom ever turned on the illumination on my last scope unless it was getting towards the end of the day.  The reticle is what makes this scope.  It takes a little getting used to with bracketing holdovers, but they are dead on with my 69 grain load.  Looking forward to what they have in store for the future.