Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3 gun scope Athlon midas 1-6

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't noticed it being an issue, coming from a Swarovski to this. It's only giving up 2.5 ' in fov at 100 yards to the swaro. which is impressive, because the swaro is the king of the hill for fov in 1-6's.

1 hour ago, TonytheTiger said:

That must be it, I only have Strelok +. Thanks for the pic.

I wish i had one of those phone mounts. Looking at long range targets are where this reticle shines. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone compared the Midas BTR gen 2 1-6 to the PST gen 2 1-6?

Seems like a fair comparison as they are close in price. I can tell from the specs/online info that the Vortex is a bit heavier, has a smaller center dot and made in the Philippines vs China, but would appreciate any feedback on differences in clarity, brightness or other optical quality.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

The vortex has a brighter dot. The glass was a wash between the 2. Both had nice glass. Imho the reticle is more useful in the midas. I don't recall about the fov. Eyebox was forgiving on both. 

Thanks BD, that info is helpful. I really like the new BTR reticle called ASTR4. if you helped design it, congrats!.

Currently running a Burris RT-6, my 1st 1-6 power scope and wonder if the PST and BTR gen 2s have better glass?

The RT-6 has some fisheye @ 1 power and the reticle is a bit busy for my taste, so curious if the other 2 are a step up in optical quality since they are also more expensive. 

Mark

Going to purchase the Gen 2 Midas BTR, compare it to the RT-6 and sell the least liked one, probably the RT-6 😉

Just need some time for shoulder to heal before I am cleared to resume shooting, couple of months.