Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about installing hennig flat trigger on match elite

The stated reason is that frame tolerances were so bad that the solid pin sometimes didn't fit. This is because the holes would not line up.

IMO a more likely reason is that Henning got tired of people losing the tiny nut which secured his solid pin. 

Edited by Twinkie

I thought the explanation was that the frame flexes horizontally just enough to gradually break/strip the nut/pin combo if the nut was tightened all the way down.  

In any event, once you move to the flat trigger putting the pin back through isn't the horror show it is with the factory trigger.  

2 hours ago, ATLDave said:

In any event, once you move to the flat trigger putting the pin back through isn't the horror show it is with the factory trigger.  

If you make a slave pin that holds just the spring in the trigger it assembles pretty easy. I sanded a nail down to the diameter of the pin, formed the tip into a rounded blunt point and cut it flat on the other side. I easily can push the rounded end through with the real pin when the trigger is in the frame.

The ease of the slave-pin assembly depends greatly on the manufacturing tolerances of the specific frame and factory trigger components.  I have had a Tanfo where it wasn't a big deal, one where it was fairly difficult, and one where I did it one time (taking many evenings of work due to frustration-based walk-away) and promptly bought a Henning trigger. 

On 2/24/2017 at 2:22 PM, johnbu said:

^^ you need to use a bigger hammer!

I ruined a pin, actually, hammering it fairly hard.  Seriously, one of my particular guns/factory triggers was just not reasonably re-assemblable regardless of technique.