Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit

smfort

Hello Everyone!  First off I would like to say that I am new to the forums and I was directed to post this question here!  

So here it is:  I have a S&W M&P 45acp  that I installed an Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit into and I have had issues with double firing.  The gun is brand new and nothing else has been done to it and I had no problems up until this point.  I think it might be the sear spring but not sure (it was recommended that it might be the sear spring this morning, I have not tried it yet).  Anyway, when I initially installed the kit I put the weaker spring in and I really thought the trigger pull was a bit light, but nice none the less.  Anyway, I had several "doubles" and I thought that it might have been the combination of the light trigger, the recoil and the fact that I might have been "riding the trigger" a little bit.  So I install the heavier trigger return spring (the green spring) and test fired the gun and it did great, as a matter of a fact I ran it 2 complete matches with no issues..then this past Sunday at a match doubled on  me 4 times in the first stage.  Several fixes have been suggested the one that I am planning to try next is to replace the kit provided sear spring with the factory sear spring and if that does not work then I am planning to reinstall all of the factory parts.  

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and I would like to thank you all in advance.  Also, it is very possible that I have something installed incorrectly this is my first trigger job so again any suggestions, comments, recommendations, etc...are greatly appreciated and thank you all again in advance.

-smf 

Edited by smfort
add text

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think I did but I will recheck it.  I think I might have gotten the issue fixed.  I found a very small amount of what appeared to be trash (I mean "very small" extremely hard to see) between the Striker Spring and the Striker Spring Guide, so I took it apart, cleaned it really well and put it back together...test fired it and did not have an issue.  Of course I had test fired it before this and not had any issues also!  I guess will just watch it to see what happens.  

Thanks for the reply, I will check to make sure I have the correct seat spring installed again to be sure.  

Thanks,

Scott