Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 NSSF World Rimfire Championships

Andyk

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, photoracer said:

Been to every world match since 2011 but not sure about this year. Depends on what leave I have left from work.

Well I signed up for this year also. See you all there. I will likely be there to do the side-match on Friday.

From the match director: We have 300 shooters registered for the NSSF World Rimfire Challenge at Cavern Cove. When we hit 350 the match will be closed and we will not have any registering after that. Please register now if you are planning on shooting the NSSF World Rimfire Challenge.

• 4 weeks later...

3rd straight world title for Kolby. In 2015 he beat BJ for the title and now this year he beat KC for the title. Both were shooting Open. Kolby beat KC in all 7 rifle stages and 1 pistol stage. KC had all new custom guns from VQ. He loved the family atmosphere of the match he told me. In fact he had to leave early to catch a flight so he told the MD that if his ticket was picked for a gun they were to give it to the youngest shooter in the match. When his ticket was picked that turned out to be little 7 year old Venice Oliver who finished ahead of 41 other shooters (she shot the Tier 3 ECSCC earlier this year). She is the daughter of the Volquartsen Shooting Team's Ron Oliver.

Edited by photoracer

In case you don't know the NSSF is getting out of the Rimfire Challenge business as of 1/1/2018. They are handing it over to the 2 surviving members of the group that came up with the concept about a decade ago, Michael Bane of Outdoor TV, and Ken Jorgensen recently retired from Ruger (the third member, Nelson Dymond, sadly passed away earlier this year). It will be called the Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association and for 2018 the rules will not change.

This is a very good thing.

Edited by photoracer

That was limited too he beat him with . KC was shooting open .

I watched Kolby shoot a stage at the World Speed Shooting Championships and couldn't believe how fast he shoots an iron sighted rifle. Trenton Mitsuoka set a RFRO record time that match, and Kolby was even faster and was shooting Iron sights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk