Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA Pro match .40 Trigger Replacement?

BigStogie

Has any one seen a good trigger that will fit this gun? The stock trigger is not bad but it has quite a bit of take up and no way to really adjust that. I was told that the STI for Para would fit but those have not been made in years as far as i can tell. Thanks for the help

Mike

2 hours ago, BigStogie said:

I saw those and maybe I am just not up to speed but i don't see the little tabs that you bend to adjust the take up and i was trying to avoid welding and fitting the bow. Am i missing something? 

Thanks for the response

Mike

you did not miss anything. They do not have the tabs.  Others have also fit the Wide Billet SVI trigger. IIRC that does not have the tabs either.??

• 3 weeks later...

Morning All,

Am looking for some guidance on a trigger install. After reading previous posters / posts stating that a STI trigger will drop right in, well I purchased one of them

(Thanks SSI - three days to my door). And long story short, not even close. Trigger bow is a completely different shape up front. The stock triggers bow is angled down, just about parallel with the angle at the rear of the bow. While the STI is straight there, more or less perpendicular with the sides of the bow.  So the trigger won't go far enough forward to get a reset.  So what is the trick , bending the bows, reaching in the frame and milling the channel flat ????

Thank You, Steve

Hh1Zq-FauEPU6vM3wa_ndM0k6S3f8790vg32ggugl0XwEPIEsjl4z4wARc-biR11_uqbYrUgRCw2gpNXXWAFhd6DfqjI8Hgk1qo_wzfsPVNvivWiLPROgSFrTmzMBideSPuypg-7ZhGPQ6NkJkqKpjVXUwiTiDcbN-pE72cfsS4oq0UtMP7WJ-xRJs7Hm0OXDzdxFKx_QD9MVCR6mc3egDJlDm5n7GdMH6_ReReqx1HoSDRqgHrgExn6tISVttiniy8HuqyWyGfL39PMlvAE-b293aWvcw-3_t5xPqUbHbPJpnzJ0LVwVQlE7fDtSO-xZm9jj5mreifoP64exbK9x3VuC60hY_6L5uN2S0eRS3lnHyrR2RRI1guzFrPwUITMhz-4SGi53qmK9QaTFEhFD3EaClLh-apoOBMJt4EH2mZiUDk5mGnqEJwcKUKDkIXmSxBMGDdYXX2nwCTHEmJybb22aYdIHnNCJlnZ6rfK12nsjuRa5Ulw4VLFObKLdb7fI6l42JmT5-yfUJr4JWpT8Yndebmcozun-VkUwFNKKEkxn4Hb55UyBvRB-P5MaswWU13aQVpXTKyfFJEVgeisy7F6BFmOSN1FWxMFkfhbYzjsqmiox0uX=w1389-h781-no