Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M3k mods?

biglou13

My m3k is on its way.  

I'm new to semi auto shorty / 3G. Game....

What are you favorite / necessary mods? 

What DIY Have you done?

I've got +4 extension, follower, match saver on my short list..... 

is there a huge difference between Nordic, moa, tac com  tubes!

I went with the MOA precision +6 tube, match saver, MOA follower. Then I opened the load port more and stippled the grip and forend. I've put close to 1000 rounds of bird and a few dozen slugs without any issues. I was going to go with the M2 at first but very happy with the M3K. 

Pretty much the same here.  MOA +5, follower and match saver.  I also replaced the extractor and extractor spring with Benelli parts, due to advice from another forum.  Also, make sure you fit it properly.  There a lot of web instructions on fitting, or you can have a pro do it.

It's my first and only shotgun, so I can't compare to other brands, but so far it has worked well and it hasn't let me down.

3 hours ago, BobT said:

...... I also replaced the extractor and extractor spring with Benelli parts, due to advice from another forum.  Also, make sure you fit it properly.  There a lot of web instructions on fitting, or you can have a pro do it........

Didi you have issues before changing out.       I'm (internet) familiar with mod doesn't look too difficult.....

i'm thinking taccom products since i really like their AR buffer parts and gas key on my AR.   any pros/cons

i also like the idea of a polymer follower.

i've seen alot about nordic an moa.....

the lower divisions are 8+1.   I'm thinking +4   to make   8 +1.    what went into decision process for mag tube legnth?

will matches allow you to run greater capacity mag tube loaded to 8+1 for lower divisions?

what and how are you using shell holders?

Edited by biglou13

48 minutes ago, biglou13 said:

Didi you have issues before changing out.       I'm (internet) familiar with mod doesn't look too difficult.....

i'm thinking taccom products since i really like their AR buffer parts and gas key on my AR.   any pros/cons

i also like the idea of a polymer follower.

i've seen alot about nordic an moa.....

the lower divisions are 8+1.   I'm thinking +4   to make   8 +1.    what went into decision process for mag tube legnth?

will matches allow you to run greater capacity mag tube loaded to 8+1 for lower divisions?

what and how are you using shell holders?

I no issues with the stock extractor, but I read that some people had. It was easy to do, and inexpensive, so I just did it.

Even though you are limited to 8+1 to start, after the buzzer you can reload to the max.  But to be honest, I went with the +5 because it looked good, being only slightly longer than the barrel.

Best advise for m3000/m3k is to read all 128 pages of the mega thread, lots of good info.

That being said... I put a Carbon Arms one piece with a +4 Nordic tube, MOA double sided safety, MOA modded TTI lifter, Tom Knapp sight, Matchsaverz, TTI hammer and triggerspring, and a Nordic Follower on the gun my son is now running.

Deburred the extractor pocket and polished the stock extractor, and changed out the inertia spring with an M2 part. 

It's a nice gun.

Edited by 12Bravo

4 hours ago, 12Bravo said:

Best advise for m3000/m3k is to read all 128 pages of the mega thread, lots of good info.

...... MOA modded TTI lifter,......

Deburred the extractor pocket and polished the stock extractor, and changed out the inertia spring with an M2 part. 

It's a nice gun.

i'm working my way through that mega thread!!! 

how did you deburr the extractor pocket?  i don't have a stone that thin but could order one....

if I'm not mistaken the lifter in the M3K is different from M3000.     what improvement in performance do you get with  MOA lifter

Edited by biglou13

I used a small set of Diamond Jewelers files to clean up the extractor pocket. The gun is an m3k, MOA makes the couple of cuts needed to mount the Taran Tactical  M2 lifter on to the M3000/M3K. I didn't want the gun to be down while having it welded, so that was the main reason for me. The TTI piece is really nice.

Oh, I forgot the MOA charging handle and bolt release, I like the free spinning MOA handle and the release was more for cosmetics over the stock M3K piece.

Edited by 12Bravo

i took her out for the first time today.

started breaking her in with 25 rounds (didn't have much time)  of federal bulk box from wally world.

i had one round that failed to return to battery.

it was pattering to the left and a bit high.  @ 15Y (i think)

It came with 3 shims

the trigger on her is a BEAST!!!  I'm definitely looking into some work here

what is trigger pull #,  stock?   

i'm prolly not going to shim  right away, nor  am i losing sleep over FTRB.  I'm going to let it ride until she is better broken in.

did any of you m3k or m3000 owner have to shim to tune POI   ?????

the locals @ clay club are already trying to talk me into some more chokes.  the ones that came with it are notch coded (barely) 3,4,5  notches.   (ill take inexpensive suggestions here)!!!

Edited by biglou13

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...