Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms open gun 9mm Magazines

PatrickR

I run MBX and STI mag bodies in my Cheely Custom 9s.  Depending on when you are looking to purchase the gen 2 STI mags may be an option as well, currently they can be had in 40 but the 9 mags are few and far between.  The newer STI tubes do not have witness holes on the sides.

13 hours ago, JWard79 said:

I run MBX and STI mag bodies in my Cheely Custom 9s.  Depending on when you are looking to purchase the gen 2 STI mags may be an option as well, currently they can be had in 40 but the 9 mags are few and far between.  The newer STI tubes do not have witness holes on the sides.

First I've heard of these...  Do you have a link to any information on them?

Atlas Gunworks posted a video on the gen2 STI 40 mags today on Facebook if you are interested in learning more about the differences between the versions.  Have no idea when the 9 mags will be readily available through US dealers, but I intend on picking a few up when that becomes a reality.

7 hours ago, JWard79 said:

Atlas Gunworks posted a video on the gen2 STI 40 mags today on Facebook if you are interested in learning more about the differences between the versions.  Have no idea when the 9 mags will be readily available through US dealers, but I intend on picking a few up when that becomes a reality.

Thank you, will watch it!

On 2/22/2017 at 7:36 PM, JWard79 said:

Thanks!  Looks like a complete redo...  Hopefully the 9mm mags won't need the spacer...

The only mags I would stear away from are the new SVI tubes, everything else should work just fine.  The new SVI tubes will require modification to the frame in order to seat properly.  I remember a few posts in Enos discussing this fact.  MBX & STI tubes are known good quantities, & I would not hesitate in recommending either for an STI spec frame.

On 22.2.2017 at 1:34 AM, Hunter1998 said:

I have had no issues with MBX mags in CK limited and open guns. I have switched my springs and followers to grams in my 40 caliber mags. 

i have a .40S&W CK Limited as well. witch grams you use for the STI tubes? I'm like to order some for competitions