Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried different followers in MBX 9mm mags?

actionshooter

I have been having problems with rounds getting past the followers when the mags hit the ground. The last match it happened 4 times in 6 stages in 2 different mags. I have also had issues with 2 rounds getting side by side and binding up to where I need a screwdriver to getting it free. I heard MBX has great service but I don't have time to be without them for a couple of weeks.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what did they do?

I like others had issues for their open guns, some in 9mm but most seemed to be 38 guys, like myself.  So after too much tinkering I replaced the guts with Grams and everything has been 100%.  In 40sw, they ran just fine for me, but I did sand the followers a bit. 

9 minutes ago, ScottieShootz said:

I like others had issues for their open guns, some in 9mm but most seemed to be 38 guys, like myself.  So after too much tinkering I replaced the guts with Grams and everything has been 100%.  In 40sw, they ran just fine for me, but I did sand the followers a bit. 

I did the same thing.  My MBX springs started to wear and give me trouble, so I replaced them with Grams springs and followers and they have worked great since then.

5 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Since the MBX 9mm mags don't require a spacer, are you all using the Grams followers and springs for the 38/40 setup instead of the 9mm setup?

I'm shooting 38, so I used the 38/40 followers.  However, I did test them by hand cycling in 9mm and they worked fine.  Hopefully, someone else can comment.