Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Mags Set Up for Production?

Religious Shooter

I haven't been studiously keeping up with USPSA rules.  I want to get new mags for Production.  The mags I have are probably 15+ years old and are bone stock.

I plan to buy some 10 round factory mags (full cap mags are not an option).  After that what should I get?

Looking mainly for a Production legal (9mm) set-up.

What would be other worthwhile mods for L10 only 10 round mags (not necessarily Production legal) (40S&W)?

Thanks.  

Taran base pads with wolf +10% springs.  They will fit the box, the extra length makes the mags easier to seat and the springs ensure reliability.  If you haven't gone crazy with heavy guide rods and such they will make weight also.  Super easy to take on and off for cleanings.

I have a set of Henning and Taran.  Both are really good quality.  I like the shape of the Henning slightly more, but the Taran's come off easier if you drop a mag in the sand for cleaning.  That being said, if I had no interest in increased capacity (I shoot Production, CO and 3 Gun with a Glock 9mm), I would just buy they Henning base pads.  They are very high quality, yet $16.66-19.99 (depending on how many you buy).  If you are buying a whole set, they are half the price of the Taran Tactical version.