Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Limited Pro

zombywoof

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/1/2017 at 10:17 PM, JusticeOfToren said:

LimPro are still being made in Sicily but EAA just does not want to import them anymore.

Probably figure they won't sell any after the new CZ's come out. 

:devil:

:)

20 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Probably figure they won't sell any after the new CZ's come out. 

:devil:

:)

You guys see that video comparing the Shadow 2 to the Tanfo?  They kept saying the grip is bigger on the ..........CZ! What?!  

Yeah, I guess the Lim Pro isn't worth thier time to import anymore? Too bad. Sweet gun!

15 hours ago, B_RAD said:

You guys see that video comparing the Shadow 2 to the Tanfo?  They kept saying the grip is bigger on the ..........CZ! What?!  

Yeah, I guess the Lim Pro isn't worth thier time to import anymore? Too bad. Sweet gun!

I think they specifically said that the Shadow 2 grip is wider?  I don't know, my memory is shot.  But if it is, I'm getting a Stock 3, ahah.

Hmm... Bob Vogel - IDPA Indoor National Champion 10 years in a row. Going out to shoot an IDPA match today and I don't give a rat shit what you think.

Edited by Jeff O

4 hours ago, Jeff O said:

Hmm... Bob Vogel - IDPA Indoor National Champion 10 years in a row. Going out to shoot an IDPA match today and I don't give a rat shit what you think.

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed??

7 hours ago, Jeff O said:

How does this contribute to this thread on the Lim Pro?

So random. 

On 3/3/2017 at 11:37 AM, Jeff O said:

The Shadow 2 is way too heavy for IDPA

Good. Then it'll lure them over USPSA if they want to shoot it, so that they can actually have fun.

I spent 5 years shooting IDPA and won several 1st place SSP Master plaques at State matches. Them came over to USPSA and saw the light and never went back!

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Good. Then it'll lure them over USPSA if they want to shoot it, so that they can actually have fun.

I spent 5 years shooting IDPA and won several 1st place SSP Master plaques at State matches. Them came over to USPSA and saw the light and never went back!

There might already be enough sport "a" versus sport "b" discussions on the web :rolleyes: . 

That said, thinking of using local IDPA as a 'shoot what and how I carry' monthly thing.

I think it would be a good idea to get better practiced with that stuff and it gets away from the confusion of switching back and forth between different but similar IDPA and USPSA rigs. 

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

There might already be enough sport "a" versus sport "b" discussions on the web :rolleyes: . 

That said, thinking of using local IDPA as a 'shoot what and how I carry' monthly thing.

I think it would be a good idea to get better practiced with that stuff and it gets away from the confusion of switching back and forth between different but similar IDPA and USPSA rigs. 

Thats largely how I use IDPA nowadays.

Honestly the reason I stopped shooting IDPA had nothing to do with rigs and guns and round counts.

It was the ability to enter and exit positions effectively in USPSA. IDPA style was killing me.

But you're right. Sorry guys. Back to Lim Pro discussions!

More like a stock III lite :D

I also see a fixed rear sight, thinner "can't ride on me" safety which I assume is probably non-ambi, crappier frame checkering, and its also missing the extended mag release and a trigger with an overtravel stop.

So a shorter sight radius, less effective grip surface, less durable finish and non-adjustable rear sight; in exchange for a rail on a gun that probably won't see state side until late 4th quarter at the earliest. 

Sounds like winner!

:blink:

I wonder what the price point is going to be. If it's a $599 gun I could see a few of these getting sold in lieu of the 2 and 3.

Grip tape isn't pretty, but it works as well as checkering.

Also, if it's the right height I'd be all over swapping my adjustable rear out for that fixed one. More than one LPA rear has come apart on Tanfo shooters at the worst possible time.

I'm a big fan of fixed sights on competition guns that get beaten up and see high round counts.