Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Limited Pro

zombywoof

It just dawned on me why we need this new model.

So that they can release an Extreme version with the Titan hammer and allow us Lim Pro owners to use the Titan hammer in  SSP!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reached out to EAA just to confirm all this. Their response when I asked if the Limited Pro (I specifically asked about the 9mm) was being discontinued was as follows:

" Thank you for the feedback. This brand is really geared towards our competition shooters and as such, each one of our models has something great to offer for the competition field.That being said, the Limited Pro is a unique firearm in our Tanfoglio line. I cannot confirm whether the Limited Pro will be removed from our list or not but we do rotate our offerings from time to time to best serve our customers.

The last I can see we had a Witness Limited Pro 9mm in-house as of November 2016. There is a chance there will be some still sitting in distributors hands. Your best bet would be to call your local firearm dealer and ask them to check with their distributors to see if any are still floating around. Trying to search online will limit you to the stock a retailer has on hand.

As for confirming the discontinuation. We have been notified about the buzz on the web forums, but at this time I have not been given an official word from our decision makers as to what is happening. Simple answer is, right now EAA Corp has not made a decision to stop carrying these items.
"

41 minutes ago, EngineerEli said:

I reached out to EAA just to confirm all this. Their response when I asked if the Limited Pro (I specifically asked about the 9mm) was being discontinued was as follows:

" Thank you for the feedback. This brand is really geared towards our competition shooters and as such, each one of our models has something great to offer for the competition field.That being said, the Limited Pro is a unique firearm in our Tanfoglio line. I cannot confirm whether the Limited Pro will be removed from our list or not but we do rotate our offerings from time to time to best serve our customers.

The last I can see we had a Witness Limited Pro 9mm in-house as of November 2016. There is a chance there will be some still sitting in distributors hands. Your best bet would be to call your local firearm dealer and ask them to check with their distributors to see if any are still floating around. Trying to search online will limit you to the stock a retailer has on hand.

As for confirming the discontinuation. We have been notified about the buzz on the web forums, but at this time I have not been given an official word from our decision makers as to what is happening. Simple answer is, right now EAA Corp has not made a decision to stop carrying these items.
"

Seems like the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand....... this is what they relayed to me a few weeks ago.....

IMG_8273.PNG

So I offer a few quasi hypothetical questions...

First, they are offering a gun now called the 'Limited' which is literally a Limited Pro, with a SA trigger and no disco, for a backup gun at least, is it so terrible to get one of those, a disco and xtreme trigger and call it a day? I know it's not 'technically' legal...

58bf0ccb456de_2017-03-0713_37_06-catalogo_pdf.png.0270106a4d2d3a0ad59dcd7b93c046be.png

Then secondly, if some one wants a production gun with longer barrel and sight radius, but with a little bit less muzzle end weight, are the expecting us to go for the Stock III P???

58bf0cd7ab6ac_2017-03-0713_38_06-catalogo_pdf.png.a835a843666c03eca491022099de96e8.png

I bet we won't like the poly due to the thickness of the area directly to the front of the braver tail. The gun most likely has a metal en-bloc style sear and hammer sun assembly which will fit into the plastic frame. This adds thickness right in an area you don't want it: the Web of your hand. This is why some guns like the FNP, refer American, and some other hammer-fired plastic fired guns just aren't comfortable. 

I could be wrong but this new poly Witness just doesn't look like a winner to me.

Those grip panels on the S3P look to be molded into the grip. So if they aren't effective, there's going to be a lot of need for skate tape.

The whole point (for me at least) of the Lim Pro for an SSP pistol is that it was all metal. I don't own/like polymer guns. Why shoot a da/sa poly gun when glock/springer/S&W already offer a better trigger with the right parts? To me the S3P is akin to CZ's polymer 1911. IMO it's a step in the wrong direction. No thanks.

Not that I'm saying I'm looking forward to the S3P, but if you look close there is a little hole in the top rear corner of the side grip panels. I'm inclined to say there are going to be interchangeable like on the HKs. Complete guess I have no proof, but based on what I see in the pics it is what I suspect.

I may have a lead on a REAL Lim Pro though!!!

37 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

I gave up looking. I bought a Stock ll. Now to put it on a diet.

Why?

Hope you're not wanting to shoot it in IDPA. It's not legal at any weight. 

1 minute ago, B_RAD said:

Sweet!

can someone explain CO to me?  I thought it was gonna be production with optics?  

It is, with a 45 oz weight limit. Limited Pro is two ounces lighter than Sll. Makes weight easier.

11 hours ago, zombywoof said:

It is, with a 45 oz weight limit. Limited Pro is two ounces lighter than Sll. Makes weight easier.

And a 140mm mag limit now.

So now it's more like Production on 'roids.

12 hours ago, zombywoof said:

I gave up looking. I bought a Stock ll. Now to put it on a diet.

You can make weight (barely) with a 9mm stock 2 with 141mm mag, but you need a lite optic, lite dovetail, lite grips and a lite guiderod. Doesn't need any metal removal, but magwell opening helps reloads and is legal.