Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Budget 1-?x Scope for 3-Gun

JohnnyD

I couldn't agree more with FFP reticles for 8x. I wanted a FFP 1-6x but am settling on a SFP because I can't imagine many situations, if any, where I'd be running on 4x. Up to 200-300yds I should be fine on 1x and jump to 6x for anything further. I'd hate to have to be on 8x all the time for mid range shots which is why I feel FFP is critical, at least for me, starting at 8x.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 8:51 PM, CharlieD said:

I was so intrigued by the P4xi that I ordered one to try.  It is awesome.  It's so close to my razor HD, I'm impressed.  It blows away everything in that price range.  The 1x is true 1x.

DSG Arms has The Steiner for $463.99 right now. You must log in for that price. 

Steiner P4Xi

SO traded off my Dog Strike Eagle for the Atibal 1-8.........much better scope and about the same money. Generous Eye relief too. Glass is on par with the Strike Eagle too. All in all.....not a bad scope and a much better entry level, even a low budget scope than the Strike Eagle. Don't care about the reticle only being good at 8X......I know my holds out to 300yds anyway using a little thing called 'kentucky windage" Hell......at 300yards plus, I'm zoomed in and then the reticle can do it's thing. The center dot and diamond light up well and the reticle is not too busy. If you actually like the strike eagle, you'll love the atibal 1x8.

By far not the best value!! That goes to the Viper PST gen II 1x6......you can get those for under $700. Has a super bright center dot. Clear glass and very generous eye box. I've said this on Face book.....I've got a Razor, a US optics and a VCOG.......I would NOT feel at any disadvantage using the Viper, it IS the best value scope on the market for 3 gun hands down. If you love the Razor.....you'll love the Viper on a back up rifle any day of the week.