Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Mags, Daswson or Tarin Base Pads

427Cobra

• 1 month later...

Grams pads will crack when the mag gets dropped when they are installed on a tube that is out of spec (too large) at the bottom of the tube.  If you have to exert more pressure to install the U-pin into the BP while on the mag then just inserting the U-pin into an empty BP than you know the tube is just a little too large at the bottom.  

On 2/21/2017 at 1:10 AM, not4you2know said:

I use to use grams but after 3 cracked, I wanted to switch. 

Hello: I like the Dawson's since they don't tend to bend the spring when removing the base pad to clean the mag. They go on easily and come off easily if you don't get too much sand in them. As for the pin breaking I have never heard of that on the Dawson base pads? I have some that are 10 years old and they still work great even though they have been stepped on, dropped in mud, gravel, concrete, snow and sand. Thanks, Eric

I went with Taran 4g2 base pads, 11 coil springs and 9mm followers, kept the STI 9mm spacers,  I had to file ever so lightly a follower to enable loading more than a round, all my 140mm mags now hold 23 rounds, I have not fired a round yet, but all 3 mags hold the slide back and feed during hand cycling 

On 4/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, Glk21C said:

Grams pads will crack when the mag gets dropped when they are installed on a tube that is out of spec (too large) at the bottom of the tube.  If you have to exert more pressure to install the U-pin into the BP while on the mag then just inserting the U-pin into an empty BP than you know the tube is just a little too large at the bottom.  

For what it's worth, they were on Brazos tuned mags.