Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making a TS Orange IDPA legal... Is it possible?

kells81

Do you think it's possible to shave enough weight off of a TSO to make ESP weight?    With the dust cover rule being ditched the only thing I see holding it back is weight.   48oz > 43oz

Possible spots to reduce

is the listed weight with thumb rest? 

Tri top the slide- should shave a hair

chop some beaver tail down-  minimal

there is already a little material pulled from the front and back where it's thicker on a regular TS.  I felt them up side by side at defender today and  the Orange is a huge improvement.  Probably gonna get one but would like to be able to use it for more than just messin around.  

Does anyone one have a TSO they can put on a scale at factory config?

Edited by kells81

I think it's reasonable to shave 2.50 oz off the gun. I really doubt you could take 5 off and be happy with the gun you had after that.

Also account for the weight of an empty mag, the heaviest one you use, in the gun when trying to achieve that 42.9oz TSO

Edited by rowdyb

4 hours ago, Ontos said:

The TSO is illegal for IDPA in virtually every way a pistol can be illegal.  You'd be way better off building out an SP01.

Not so true...  I haven't put a measuring stick on it yet since I have it in hand but dropping the FLDC rule out of the book makes things like what I am after more possible.   

Alternatively I have emailed CzCustoms about just putting a Tac Sport slide on my SP-01 lower.    

10 minutes ago, kells81 said:

Not so true...  I haven't put a measuring stick on it yet since I have it in hand but dropping the FLDC rule out of the book makes things like what I am after more possible.   

Alternatively I have emailed CzCustoms about just putting a Tac Sport slide on my SP-01 lower.    

Sooooo..... in other words, "building out an SP01".

Pretty much.  Someone pointed out it would be a shame to put such a nice gun under the mill.   I think I have found where I could get it damn close to the right weight.  Just a matter of being willing to pull the trigger.    :D

I think a DC trim, and Tri top would get it close.   May have to burn a little of the beavertail off to get the length down also.  

Edited by kells81

Will the standard SP-01 safeties fit the TS? If so...

Cut dust cover

Tri-top slide

Remove magwell

Remove thumb rest

Swap to SP-01 safeties

Scale grips

and don't breathe while it's on the scale?

Edited by JRM83