Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LONG S L I D E Love!

P.E. Kelley

Yes it's a tac sport top end. These will have a CTS roll mark but from what I'm told, they are the same as the TS slide dimensionally.

Weight is right around 42 oz. I put some broken down weights and accushadow comparison below.

Slide with barrel and plastic guide rod plug is 17.45 oz. Accushadow slide with barrel and guide rod bushing comes in at 16.36 oz. 

Guide rod weight .79 oz. Accushadow guide rod weight .54 oz.

Frame weight with my grips is 19.4 oz.

Frame weight of accushadow with same grips is 21.78 oz. 

Mag with base pad is around 3.8 to 4 ounces.

Total gun weight the LSP comes in a little ligher than my accushadow.

6 hours ago, Fantom919 said:

Yes it's a tac sport top end. These will have a CTS roll mark but from what I'm told, they are the same as the TS slide dimensionally.

Weight is right around 42 oz. I put some broken down weights and accushadow comparison below.

Slide with barrel and plastic guide rod plug is 17.45 oz. Accushadow slide with barrel and guide rod bushing comes in at 16.36 oz. 

Guide rod weight .79 oz. Accushadow guide rod weight .54 oz.

Frame weight with my grips is 19.4 oz.

Frame weight of accushadow with same grips is 21.78 oz. 

Mag with base pad is around 3.8 to 4 ounces.

Total gun weight the LSP comes in a little ligher than my accushadow.

I believe the dust cover is narrower on the CTS model....at least I had to machine my Tactical Sports slide down to fit the CZ75 frame. Everything else was the same.

I have an email into czc about a TS topend cut to fit on an so-01 lower.   I put my frame and TSO slide on the scale to get an idea of weight.   Looks like it will make a nice ESP gun.   The mag puts it just a hair under 43oz.  

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, huskerlrrp said:

I believe the dust cover is narrower on the CTS model....at least I had to machine my Tactical Sports slide down to fit the CZ75 frame. Everything else was the same.

Hmm very possible since the normal TS frame is wider. Maybe Stuart can chime in here?

I sent Stuart a cz75 SA frame and bought the TS upper and had them fit it so I'm not sure what was required. It's the closest I can get to a California LSP haha

On 2/23/2017 at 10:36 AM, Fantom919 said:

Hmm very possible since the normal TS frame is wider. Maybe Stuart can chime in here?

I sent Stuart a cz75 SA frame and bought the TS upper and had them fit it so I'm not sure what was required. It's the closest I can get to a California LSP haha

He (Stuart) recommended I machine the slide dust cover vs. the frame when I bought the slide from him. Since there are a lot of different variations in CZ and components I don't want to speak in absolutes if it's required. 

I've really enjoyed mine. After I machined it down, I polished it and had it hard chromed (something different). I've run it on a short frame 75, a Shadow frame and recently in my TS Orange. It's basically "the slut" of my CZ components. :P

4 hours ago, akeefer said:

Now I'm wanting one. Haha. Stupid fickle gun buyer! :rolleyes:

Give it a try! I just got mine but have not had a chance to work up a lighter load for it. Chrono comparison data between my long slide and accushadows looks like I should be able to safely drop by .2 of a grain of titegroup.

It's definitely a different feeling during recoil compared to my sp01s. I don't think my sights get back on target as fast and maybe more muzzle dip, but this is with very limited testing and using hotter loads than necessary. (Chrono'd loads wet 139 pf with 147 zero jhp and 147 pf with 147 bayou moly)

I've heard people say this would make sense since the lsp is essentially moving 2 oz of frame weight to the slide which is moving mass.

Just out of curiosity, I weighed the top end of my STI Sentry 1911 in 9mm and it came to a little over 20 oz vs the lsp 17.5 oz. Maybe the bare slide weight is still lighter (didn't have time to check) but all of the talk of having a very heavy top end and reciprocating mass seems to be even more amplified on my 1911 (and higher bore axis). Yet shooting the 1911 doesn't seem like it promotes more muzzle dip...too much thinking probably. Just need to pick one I like and run with it haha

I picked up a CTS LS-P from Oakhills two weeks ago and shot a backyard match last weekend - mixing up the CTS upper and SP01 upper with the 75 lower and SP01 SHADOW lower..
I spent most of the day shooting it as an CTS SP01 SHADOW until late in the day when I put it back on the short dust cover lower it came with.. and  I was just wowed at the sight picture the gun from the factory comes with. I didn't notice a change in recoil compared to the SP01 lower, but it seemed the sight picture returned quicker with the short lighted dust cover on the custom shop balanced CTS LS-P. 

Edited by scroadkill

On 2/22/2017 at 10:54 PM, kells81 said:

I have an email into czc about a TS topend cut to fit on an so-01 lower.   I put my frame and TSO slide on the scale to get an idea of weight.   Looks like it will make a nice ESP gun.   The mag puts it just a hair under 43oz.  

image.jpeg

So... Will that fit in the box?

If so... I need one.