Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejecting brass

tedahlenius85

How far does your Stock 2 throw the brass?

Mine lands only about 1-2 feet from me. Its about the same with 8lbs & 10lbs recoil spring. Ammo runs at 130PF. Dont know how I can get it to eject further without going even lower on recoil spring, which I dont want. When I shoot strong hand only with a slight tilt, the brass sometimes lands on the gun.

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

The extra power extractor spring is cheap insurance.  you're going to remove the extractor anyway to polish it, the breech face and firing pin channel anyway ... why not toss in a better (longer lasting) spring ?

I installed the XP extractor spring as well.  First time I went to the range with it, the slide wouldn't completely close.  I hit the back of the slide HARD, it wouldn't fully go into battery.  I thought it was an ammo issue until I noticed that the spring is so darned strong and tight that it wouldn't "accept" the case head into the claw.  I actually had to clip the spring.  It's obviously not as strong as the full spring, but still offers more extraction power than the stock spring.  Everything in peachy again.

Edited by MissionaryMike

On 3/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, johnbu said:

It's usually best to only load from a magazine and not drop one in. The extractor hook can be damaged going over the  brass rim.

YMMV

It was the same issue.  The extractor spring was too strong...and my bare hands.  Maybe if I had a #50 recoil spring it would have worked.

Edited by MissionaryMike