Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What replaced the Accushadow?

lgh

I am curious as can be about CZ's.  Competitors love the Accushadow but that has been discontinued.  What replaced it and what is the difference between the Accushadow and its replacement? Is the Shadow 2 the replacement?  Thanks.  I might look at a CZ today ...

Accu-Shadows have not been discountinued to my knowledge, they are still on CZCustoms website. If your thought process is that their always out of stock it's because they are so popular that most of the time you must have one built.

Some might say that the Shadow 2 is the successor to the Accu-shadow but I believe that the Shadow 2 will come in two forms, a standard version and one equipped with an Accu-style bushing.

Then there's the bull barrel Shadow, which could be king of them all....overall though I doubt CZCustom is going to stop making Accu-Shadows any time soon.

5 hours ago, lgh said:

On the CZ website, the CZ 75 SP-01 Accu-Shadow (CZ Custom) is listed as discontinued. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-accu-shadow-9mm-black-3x18-rd-mags-by-cz-custom/

So CZCustoms makes the same gun?

CZUSA did list the Accu-Shadow and Shadow Target in their catalog for a period of time. I believe though it was part of an effort to get both guns classified for IDPA SSP division and IPSC Production division. The effort was not successful.

CZ's as you note do have good ergonomics.

5 hours ago, Dutycalls75 said:

CZUSA did list the Accu-Shadow and Shadow Target in their catalog for a period of time. I believe though it was part of an effort to get both guns classified for IDPA SSP division and IPSC Production division.

False.

An effort to sell great guns. :)