Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 3.5 Connector?

Religious Shooter

Looking for Glock brand 3.5 lb connector.  Midway and Brownells don't seem to have one (they have 5.5 & 8.5).  My memory seems to say that they stopped selling separately a couple of years ago.  Is this still true?

Want to use it for an HD/Field purposed G17, G19 and G21SF.  Any recommendations for such if the factory one isn't available?

Thanks.

22 hours ago, Mosig said:

Does a connector make a noticeable difference?

It makes a difference but not necessarily a difference you like. I just changed out all the 3.5 connectors for the 5.5 on my carry guns. OEM 3.5 is way too mushy for me unless matched with NY 1 spring. Then it stacks quickly and is stiff. I have some old Ghost 3.5 (which might have changed) which are also mushy.  I do like the Evo Elite Ghost on my game G17.

Connectors are cheap and you can experiment with them to find out what works best for you. Just pay attention to reliability issues.  Many seem to find it best to leave the OEM Glock innards alone in carry guns.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, Mosig said:

Does a connector make a noticeable difference?

Yes it does.

Which one you like will depend on your preferences...some change break while not effecting reset and vice versa.

The two I prefer and have narrowed down to over the years are the Glock oem "minus" and the TTI connectors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 5:17 PM, bigtimelarry said:

Vanek polishes them and tweaks them

http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html

Have you bought one of the "tuned" connectors from him (not in a kit)?  I'm curious what they look like... the Classic-GM kit I got from him had a connector that was thinned out considerably so it was a lot skinnier.  I'm wondering if these are the same ones that he sells separatly.

On 3/19/2017 at 7:30 PM, TacticalReload said:

Have you bought one of the "tuned" connectors from him (not in a kit)?  I'm curious what they look like... the Classic-GM kit I got from him had a connector that was thinned out considerably so it was a lot skinnier.  I'm wondering if these are the same ones that he sells separatly.

The ones in his kits are Lone Wolf's. I Minus he sells are Glock. The Lone Wolf's Crack down by the housing so I use Vanek Minus.