Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 vs Stock 3

jrbet83

I know this has been beaten into the ground, but my question is more specific. Which one runs flatter? Logic would say the extra weight of the 3 would, regardless of bull barrel. But the only two relevant posts I've every read, the shooters felt the 2 was a tiny bit flatter. 

As a non-Tanfo owner, I would like to think I have an unbiased opinion... but who knows. Anyways, I think the S2 shoots flatter. The S3 is simply too front-heavy, IMO, which causes erratic muzzle movement in comparison to the 2. 

YMMV.

I asked a similar (but general) question at a class.  was basically told to  "learn to grip it" .  I've seen GM's shoot plastic guns as  flat as heavy open guns because they have learned to grip it.  Heck,  a GM i shoot with runs a 320 sig and IN HIS HANDS, it runs flatter than my stock 2.  And the kicker is he runs factory ammo that  has much snappier recoil than my optimized reloads.  

The more important aspect of choosing a gun is "feel" when operating it.   Balance, smoothness of transitions between targets, natural point of aim, ergonomics of controls, etc. 

Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for.  But "flatness" between those two guns is more determined by the operator than the mechanism. 

i have both , and what i can say is that with right loads theyl shoot flat ,

i run the stock 3 with a pf of 135 145gr LRN and 10lbs factory recoil spring and shoots super flat

the stock 2 with a pf of 130  145gr LRN and 10lbs factroy recoil spring , but the grip is the most crucial thing when shooting fast in  my opinion

hope it helps