Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouch Choice

ad5md

I shoot mainly limited and looking at getting the pouch from Guga Ribas. Any one here who is using one or has used one and can compare the pros and cons between that and the Double AA besides the material? Tnx

I know this is gonna be no help, but I spent about 3 weeks reading every review I could find on ghost, DAA racers, DAA race masters, versas, guga, etc. I ended up buying the DAA racers. First match with them is Sat.

6 hours ago, Broncman said:

Can't say that I am thrilled with my double AA racers for the price. Good, but a few issues if you try bullets out. Holes not drilled, screws have to be ground. For the extra money over Ghosts, I think you should not have to do all that.

You get free screws if you ask DAA.

I know, but you shouldn't have to is my point . Shouldn't have to drill the pouch either.  Bullets out also raises the pouch and I did not want that either.

Don't get me wrong, for normal orientation, these are great pouches!

I switched and run normal and no issues. Just tighten the main screw before each match.

13 hours ago, Broncman said:

I know, but you shouldn't have to is my point . Shouldn't have to drill the pouch either.  Bullets out also raises the pouch and I did not want that either.

Don't get me wrong, for normal orientation, these are great pouches!

I switched and run normal and no issues. Just tighten the main screw before each match.

Yea, I'm a little surprised they haven't made the manufacturing changes either since it's an incredibly simple fix. It's kinda the reason why I'm hesitant to change my configuration to try bullets forward.