Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Satern 6.5 Creedmoor barrel from Brownells

troupe

Just completed a Rem 700 build in 6.5 Creedmoor.  Brownells had advertised a M24 barrel made for Brownells by Satern barrels and it came pre-threaded for the 700 action, short chambered, and threaded 5/8x24 at the muzzle.  Price was good on the barrel and I already had a Satern on my 3 Gun AR, and it shoots great.  So I thought that I would take the chance.  The barrel was installed on a blueprinted action, bedded in a Bell and Carlson competition stock.  Had a Jewell trigger in it.  Running a Gemtech on the end.   First range session, got the Leupold 6.5 x 20 on target with a few clicks, and with the barrel not even broke in, my first group at 100 with Factory Hornady 120 gr. A-Max Match ammo left me with a .157,  3 shot group.   My shooting partner wanted 3 shots and he shot a .208. Now the rifle did not care for the Hornady 129 SST Superformance.  This load shot great in my Ruger American, so I thought that I would try a few rounds since I had it.  The barrels sold out very fast, but I can't say enough about the quality of this Satern barrel.  If you are considering a build anytime soon, try and get one.  The M24 contour is heavy, but it is worth it.

Tommy

• 1 month later...