Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production/CO slide rack device

mont1120

This year I am planning on shooting some matches in the Carry Optics division with the lifting of the 10 round limit. I added a Springer Precision rear sight optic mount on the slide and mounted a new Burris III to go along with it. I found that with this combination, my size fingers now have a bit more trouble racking the slide with the optic mounted as it is.

I performed a quick search to see if any rules were applicable to my question, which is a slide racker such as this one (attached Pic) are considered legal in CO and as a matter of course, Production. To me it seems this is an illegal modification according to the rules, so as I look at it, the only other legal option is to add grip tape to the slide itself, or stipple the slide. Here again the rule is not really clear since it prohibits external modifications that provide a competitive advantage, which adding tape or stippling is designed to do.

Some help clearing this up will be appreciated, and my guess is no racker allowed.

Springer Precision Competition Slide Racker

22 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

in CO the optic makes a great slide racker, in my opinion its better than anything you could buy that was meant for Open or Limited, Its huge it doesn't have sharp edges it wont hit your thumb if you leave it sticking up, they just work great.

yep, I sort of grab half on the optic and half on the slide.

Eric

Tried it.out and used the slide rack on the top of the frame move. Works.just.fine, just.need to.practice.and.memorize the manuver.

Got.Got.to say I never.never . thought much of CO, but with the XDM in.40 at.minor and.no round limit, it.looks like fun to me