Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nikko Stirling Diamond Pro T4

arkadi

For those of us enjoying European winter, I can confirm the Nikko Stirling's red-dot is identical to RTS2 modulo brands marks. The dimensions and mounting holes are the same, dot is the same, CR2032 battery is from Panasonic too, operation is the same, packaging is the same. Removing and re-inserting battery tray leave the sight in off state, though.

http://www.doublealpha.biz/nikko-stirling-diamond-t4

IMG_20170216_125321.jpg

Edited by arkadi

I would guess it's the same as the "v1" RTS2.

you can tell the different versions:

V1 - single contact 'finger' under the battery and a circle with single 'finger' over the battery.

V2 - rubber under the lower battery contact

V3 - rubber under the lower contact and extra contact 'finger' added above the battery.

V4 - looks like V1 inside but if you remove the battery dot will turn off but when you re-insert the battery dot will come on automatically and will have held the same brightness setting as when you removed the battery.

V1-3 will all need to be switched on if battery is removed and replaced and they will come on at the default brightness (setting 5 I think).

When you say dot is the same from memory it's 3MOA? not the same as the 6 or 8 MOA?

Once again it does make me wonder who really makes the RTS2 type sights. 

Here's another take, from Greg at CMore:

V1 (all) - battery contact is a disc with 3 dimples (also, the first 1000 have a definite bluish tint to the lens, although it views pretty goo).

V2 - Lower battery contact has waffle/wave shape

V3 - Upper contact has 4 dimples and a leaf spring, lower contact is the disc with 3 dimples.  Also has an extra capacitor. 

V4 - Same contacts as V3, with V4 programming, extra capacitor, etc.  (This is the one that returns to the former setting when the battery tray is removed and reinstalled.) 

Chris Tilley used a V3 in his win at Open Nats last year, has a V4 this year.

Max Michel used a V3 with full updates in his CO Nats win last year, has several guns set up with this setup. 

C-More will update earlier scopes for you.  (They seem to want us to be happy.  Good business.) 

The RTS2 is made to handle the impact of slide-ride mounting, as in CO.  It has to be mounted in a slide cut that doesn't have the front of the scope sitting up against the slide so it doesn't get basically whacked by it every time you fire. 

No scope is perfect.  RTS2 seems to have the kinks worked out, and many (most?) of the complaints we hear are from earlier versions.

Deltapoint seems to be a good scope, also has some kinks here and there (we work them pretty hard, after all). 

We're not at all sure what Nikko Sterling Diamond Pro T4 is.  A copy of the RTS2?  And BTW, I still can't pull it up at doublealpha.biz, either by searching or under red dot scopes. 

35 minutes ago, teros135 said:

We're not at all sure what Nikko Sterling Diamond Pro T4 is.  A copy of the RTS2?  And BTW, I still can't pull it up at doublealpha.biz, either by searching or under red dot scopes. 

I'm like 99% sure these aren't imported into the U.S., which would explain why we can't see it when we click on the link. It is not listed on the Legacy Sports website under the nikko stirling tab.

1 hour ago, BeerBaron said:

not sure if it'll work but here's the direct link to DAA: http://www.doublealpha.biz/nikko-stirling-diamond-t4?osCsid=9849de451a334cdeafb1812901607ece 

thanks for the info from Greg, my version progression info was a little different (from someone else at cmore but it was a ph call where I wrote the info down).

The direct link takes U.S. viewers to a page that says product not found.

• 4 months later...

Ok, I am almost done with Nikko Stirling :)

Lasted about 1000 shots and started shutting down after every round -> re-soldered and 500 rounds without problems -> same issue soldered again, but internals got too sloppy and sight trashed.

Time to go full retard and redo battery department. Chip is 2.50$ Atmel 1234 Attiny13a ssu so nothing special here. Yeah it's probly same as RTS2 V1 or even worse.

Still no cake, any loss of power will dim the dot and ruin a training session. Maybe a 3D printed holder with screws? Also thinking about using direct voltage to diode without any switches and remove battery after.

It's a bit shame because mechanics are pretty good, but electronics and battery holder are POS. Will be a miracle if return percentage is not over 50. DAA Europe already stopped sales of this dot...

IMG_20170626_202549.jpg

IMG_20170626_203609.jpg

IMG_20170627_205006.jpg

IMG_20170627_205020.jpg

23 hours ago, teros135 said:

Probably best to go with RTS2, the "real thing".

Yep, I got RTS2 on a match gun. 

Tossed all original electronics out of the Nikko today and now running direct from battery(just one resistor). Well it's working now :)

On 6/27/2017 at 4:32 PM, teros135 said:

Probably best to go with RTS2, the "real thing".

You're assuming that RTS2 is different than the Nikko.  They maybe the same design with different labels.

Edited by andersonj55126

5 hours ago, andersonj55126 said:

You're assuming that RTS2 is different than the Nikko.  They maybe the same design with different labels.

Why would you assume that?  Reading this thread makes it clear that they're not the same.  RTS2 v4 works, Nikko doesn't.   How could they be the same?

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...