Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Tactical Sport unknown recoil spring weight

KindredGhost

Greetings gang,

I purchased a used cz75 tactical sport in 40sw about a year ago. Considering I've never changed the springs out, I figured I'd better get around to doing it sooner than later.  That said, the spring that's in there has red paint on it. 

From what little I know, I was told that it's most likely a 12 pound spring from Cajun gun works, and could possibly be too light of a spring for a 180 grain plated bullet loaded to make major power factor.

What do you guys think? Assuming it is a12 pound spring, is it too light?  Should I go 13? 14?  Or maybe stay at 12 and use the cz plastic shock buffs that came with it?

Help!

Thanks in advance. 

-kg

How do you know if you have the wrong recoil spring? Like if I throw a 10 lbs one on, what should I look for to make sure it's working good? Just the time it takes to get back onto target?

I looked and there is no spring kit. Theres a 10,11,12,13 and 14 LBS springs. Do the same recoil spring from a Shadow 2, work on this or is the length different? 

You will know when you have the correct spring for your load when the brass lands 3-4' away from your feet.  I shoot 180s out of my TS at 172PF.  I can go as low as 140PF with the same spring, 13 lbs., but the brass just dribbles out.  TS recoil springs are specific to the TS.

Look on the Cajun gunworks web site under technical support. Great explanation on springs and how to pick them. They are load specific. I'm using a 13 lb main spring. My 180 gr Blue Bullets over 4.4 gr of 320 eject out about 7 feet. I use a 15 lb hammer spring. I tried a 13 lb but had light strikes. This is in my Tactical Sport. 

Edited by harleytech