Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new remington wide body

kimberacp

19 minutes ago, v1911 said:

Remington should have let than brand die off.

Why? It fills a gap between glocks, m&p's and STI's.  As long as they work I think it will do great.

Edited by usmc1094

Remington is not making the frames, just adding their names, same for the single stacks.  Just adding their names.  They will be a good alternative.  I had 4 Para's but they were built guns and shot very well.  I agree the factory guns needed work, but would not pass up a good deal on one.

28 minutes ago, usmc1094 said:

Why? It fills a gap between glocks, m&p's and STI's.  As long as they work I think it will do great.

I think RIA does a better job of filling that gap.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the Para/Remington is going to need work to be competitive/reliable. If that's the case, you can save yourself a few hundred $$ and start with a RIA and work it up. Just my opinion, but I don't see Remington getting a return on their investment.

Jeez, crapping on something that has not seen the light of day.  I run Para's, they run a hell of lot better than me.   I am wierd, I like an all Poly gun like Glocks or all Steel.  Never really took to STI very well.   Granted, we may never see one for real.  TT was shooting unicorn Para's and mags while us norms where begging for parts.  So I do think Remington has a bit to do to recoup lost reputation of Para.  BTW - I have owned a RIA wide-body and I DO think they provide a great bang for the buck.

3 hours ago, troupe said:

Remington is not making the frames, just adding their names, same for the single stacks.  Just adding their names.  

Bull, who's the source on that?  Or are you just throwing out the "they don't have their own forge" BS.  Newsflash, most gun manufacturers don't have an iron ore smelting plant in their company either.

True.  Ruger makes a ton of stuff for others in Pine Tree.  I have some Springfields with frames from Brazil.   Kimber's are 80% in New Jersey (Aero).

None of the above would stop me from buying one of their products.    I think QC is much more important and what would make me take a closer look at the name stamped on the final product.

Bull, really !!   There are more frames coming from across the big pond (Philippines) than you obviously realize and have others names on them. JimmyBob, your sarcasm sucks.  The frames are purchased and sometimes finished here in the US and sometimes the Philippines cuts the rails there, depends on the contract. Ask STI.  Not saying that there is anything wrong with that, it is big business.  There are some very good frames, both single stack as well as double stacks coming from there.  I also would use and have used products from there.

Edited by troupe

13 minutes ago, troupe said:

Bull, really !!   There are more frames coming from across the big pond (Philippines) than you obviously realize and have others names on them. JimmyBob, your sarcasm sucks.  The frames are purchased and sometimes finished here in the US and sometimes the Philippines cuts the rails there, depends on the contract. Ask STI.  Not saying that there is anything wrong with that, it is big business.  There are some very good frames, both single stack as well as double stacks coming from there.  I also would use and have used products from there.

As expected, made up babble with no real source. Lets try again, where did you see or what respected named individual told you that Remington is getting their 1911 frames from a Philippino manufacturer.

I'm not being sarcastic, you're wrong and have no basis to try and save face.  Go ahead, Google it, I'll wait. Neither Armscor nor SAM makes the Remington R1 frame, which is completely unrelated to where the STI Spartan frame comes from or whether you're suddenly an expert from having bought a cheap 1911 or two.

It seems a few of you need a refresher on the forum guidelines. ..

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.