Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We won't see the stages until maybe a week before the match.  Go to match sign up, that will give you the dates and other info.  Then try the www.Uspsa.org click on the National link.  Then try the old FaceBook.  Round count will be less than 500. I got that no because ruffly 20 stages at ruffly 30 rounds per.  But they do have lower round count stages.  Usually I take about 5 to 600 or so this way I'll have enough to check my zero and just in case. This is a bit high but better safe. Shannon or Mike will let us all know soon enough. Good Luck. 

Edited by a matt

On 2/15/2017 at 6:44 PM, a matt said:

We won't see the stages until maybe a week before the match.  Go to match sign up, that will give you the dates and other info.  Then try the www.Uspsa.org click on the National link.  Then try the old FaceBook.  Round count will be less than 500. I got that no because ruffly 20 stages at ruffly 30 rounds per.  But they do have lower round count stages.  Usually I take about 5 to 600 or so this way I'll have enough to check my zero and just in case. This is a bit high but better safe. Shannon or Mike will let us all know soon enough. Good Luck. 

Thanks for info

Our Nationals are declining as an event from all sides. We should know all about the 2018 Nationals now. That way shooters can plan and other larger matches can be planned and not changed. 

Edited by a matt

Area 1 has over 700 competitors but Optics Nats can barely crack 300? I feel like it should be the other way around.... They're both within a week of each other so you can't tell me it's all about the time of the year......

No that's not what I'm saying. Area 1 had the date first the Nats date came after most dates for other matches were set. That's my point they should have the date for 2018 NOW and be finishing up 2019. But the add the Nats when the feel it's good for them not other matches or shooters. 

• 1 month later...

I shot on Thursday-Friday and didn't stay after I finished shooting. Can anyone tell how "prizes" were handled for this match? Trophies/plaques for order of finish I assume. Cash paybacks? Prize table distribution? I see a number of people posting their prize table pick-ups for sale. Just wondering if I should've employed a proxy. Not sure that it mattered with my final placement unless they had a BUNCH of hats, but I am curious to know for future matches. TIA.

trophies were awarded for those who earned them. each division had its own prize table(s). they called up 5 people at a time from each division starting at first place and workign down. when your name was called you went up, they checked you off a list and you entered the prize area. then you went to your division's table(s) and picked up whatever you wanted. not there or no proxy, no prize. trophies should be mailed.

a friend i went with you was 130th overall in Open and he didn't pick till after 9pm.