Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring

glocklover

Hi, 

I was MD for the match.  It is 3 matches in one:

- Steel Challenge, scored with time-plus
- Scramble which is points

- Dynamic Steel, scored with time-plus this year, but has also been done as time+ w/ points

We score these using PractiScore individually. Then we use PractiScore's "mixed" scoring match to link the 3 matches. It takes the winner of each match, calls that score 100% and then factors down.  For the overall we add up the %s taken to 3 decimal points. The "perfect" score would be 300.  The winner of Limited, Nils, won Scramble, finished 2nd in SC and DS for a for 297.459, beating out Brian Nelson who won DS, and SC, but finished 2nd in the Scramble with 295.049 overall points.

https://practiscore.com/results/html/eb773ba3-881f-4367-8773-1e69a765fdf2

The matches all share the same registration information. For info on how to do that, email support@practiscore.com.  The same technique can be used for series or tournament type events.  So, for instance, we could have run these as 3 separate sequential events.   There is a series module though, as well, that factors in rules like "must shoot X of Y events, and best N are used for results". 

The "mixed" mode can be used to mix any match type PS supports.  You can even mix skeet and precision type events with practical shooting. It is also what is used for the various "best of all type" matches like the Trijicon or NRA world shoots.  It can support matches from any platform we run on (iOS or Android) but the mixing module only is available on the iOS version right now.  

Regards,

Ken N.

Edited by Ken Nelson

I came down and shot Berry's Steel Open with a group from Grand Junction Colorado. This is my second year shooting this event and it's probably my favorite! Although I'm still not very good at shooting steel, it keeps me coming back for more. Ken Nelson along with all the others down at the Range puts on a great event. Can't wait to be back in a few months to shoot area 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Ken Nelson said:

Hi, 

I was MD for the match.  It is 3 matches in one:

- Steel Challenge, scored with time-plus
- Scramble which is points

- Dynamic Steel, scored with time-plus this year, but has also been done as time+ w/ points

We score these using PractiScore individually. Then we use PractiScore's "mixed" scoring match to link the 3 matches. It takes the winner of each match, calls that score 100% and then factors down.  For the overall we add up the %s taken to 3 decimal points. The "perfect" score would be 300.  The winner of Limited, Nils, won Scramble, finished 2nd in SC and DS for a for 297.459, beating out Brian Nelson who won DS, and SC, but finished 2nd in the Scramble with 295.049 overall points.

https://practiscore.com/results/html/eb773ba3-881f-4367-8773-1e69a765fdf2

The matches all share the same registration information. For info on how to do that, email support@practiscore.com.  The same technique can be used for series or tournament type events.  So, for instance, we could have run these as 3 separate sequential events.   There is a series module though, as well, that factors in rules like "must shoot X of Y events, and best N are used for results". 

The "mixed" mode can be used to mix any match type PS supports.  You can even mix skeet and precision type events with practical shooting. It is also what is used for the various "best of all type" matches like the Trijicon or NRA world shoots.  It can support matches from any platform we run on (iOS or Android) but the mixing module only is available on the iOS version right now.  

Regards,

Ken N.

Thank you so much! This will be my first match as MD.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 7:33 PM, glocklover said:

Can you explain what Dynamic steel and scramble are?

Those are different sub-matches they run. "Scramble" was actually a ProAm style scoring (points based, or number of steel you knocked down). "Dynamic" was time plus scores (i.e. time-based). And steel challenge is also time-based.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Android 1.4.2 app just released and it also allows to combine different match types into series results based on % in match standings, like Ken described above for iOS app.