Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check Your New Gear, All of It... Thouroughly

taxil343

Last weekend I shot my fourth match with the new Stock II. Until this point the transition from a plastic gun to a real gun has been seamless. Last stage of the day for my squad is the classifier. Surrender draw, turn then engage. I guess I came down on the gun a little harder that a HAS draw and managed to move the gun in the holster enough to hit the mag release against the holster body and depress it enough to release the mag. Mag hit the ground shortly after the gun broke kydex, not good. Needless to say that was a sub-par run and I have since relieved the Blade Tech pouch with a Dremel. 

21 hours ago, TennJeep1618 said:

That sounds like a sandbagger's excuse to me...

Haha if only you could've seen it Brant. It Was some textbook sandbagging. Didn't even have to fire a shot before I knew it was going to be a 40% classifier haha. 

Every production holster I have owned has seen the dremel and heat gun. All of them can be optimized for the game we are playing. For example, in USPSA the holster only needs to go up to 1/2 inch below the ejection port. You can typically reduce the amount you need to pull the gun up to get it out of the holster by over an inch by taking material out of the front of the holster to meet this rule. Read the rulebook closely and mod your equipment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 0:40 AM, johnbu said:

Funny,  i had a similar finding except it was the safety getting flipped on in the holster during aggressive draws.

This happened to me last year on my first match, while changing the mag i flipped the safety on by mistake. I thought my gun broke and the RO was like "hey turn the safety off".

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add more content