Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major, MG JHPs and Czechmates

JWBaldree

"Earth-shattering", "disaster"

Michael, your use of hyperbole in describing 9 major would be laughable if it weren't so tragically common.  Handloading any caliber should be approached with humility and scientific curiosity, not hyterics and hearsay.

To the OP: loading longer makes things easier; I can ream your barrels for you to load as long as you like, just send me a PM :cheers:

Edited by kneelingatlas

Kneelingatlas, thank you for the offer. I actually got off my butt and found my throater, and did up the chamber yesterday. Took it out to where MG 115 and 124 HPs loaded to 1.18 are barely touching. I figured I would work with a target OAL of 1.160 to 1.165. Loaded up a bunch of 124s and 121s in .2gn increments from 7.0 to 8.2, and 115s from 7.4 to 9.0. Now I just need a day that isn't snow or rain to go chrono. The joys of North Idaho winter weather (as related to shooting).

Ten years ago, I too started with "HS6 under a 115" and it was a very nice load :)

BUT, the case is so full that powder spills when I reload, and very little bullet in

the case ...

Love the load, but do NOT like to reload it ...

So, 124'2 and WAC, for me.    :D

I'm also waiting to chrono some HS6 loads for 115 grain bullets in my new czechmate, but the southern Idaho weather isn't helping either and the range is all deep mud.

Strangely, I managed to load to 1.16" without modifying the chamber at all.

Can't wait to test it out....

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

My production load of a Berrys 147 RN loaded to 1.16 would plunk just fine in both Czechmate barrels. I just wanted a different bullet profile that screamed "MAJOR, do not insert in anything but the Czechmate", hence the JHP profile.  Throating was easy enough, I just had to find the reamer and get it done. I don't know about you guys in southern Idaho, but I'm official done with rain, ice and mud up here in Sandpoint. Schweitzer would be absolutely awesome if it was five degrees cooler and snowing instead of this rain o thon.