Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero 125 Gr JHP

kyguy

Thanks for the information. I am new to shooting and reloading as well so I am doing a lot of watching and learning. I am taking baby steps and asking questions. I have yet to get a chrono, but it is on my equipment list needed. When I get some good data I will be sure to let you know.

thanks again.

"This brings up the point I made earlier about getting a Lyman manual. Simply put, Lyman's data is pressure rated. That is the only real way to get a handle on how a specific powder will do for your performance requirements. Only a few powder suppliers today give pressure rated data while as I came up, some of them furnished pressure curve analysis.

It really comes down to you and your expectations of what kind of handloader you want to be. IMO, too many rely too heavily on reloading forums and might have just gave their handload manual a brief fly through."

Great points 57K. 

The new Sierra Manual doesn't have pressure data in it (disappointment) or .300 BO data (another disappointment).

The new Lyman manuals do, both the standard reloading manual and the lead bullet reloading manual.  My older Lee manual has pressure data in it but gets "funny" on powders in places (only showing data for AA powders for some bullets, or only Winchester powders for other bullets).

Reloading manuals are sort of like car repair manuals.  You end up buying several to find out that something you needed to know was in one but not in the other(s).

I've bought some of the Zero bullet 124 and 115 grain hollow points, the rounded nose looking types, and intend to start working up some loads for them after some other reloading chores are completed.