Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

The thread is named CZ TS Mag Spring issue, from 2018.  It's got pics and all the info you are looking for.  Page 54 of 208 in the CZ section.  I started that thread and just changed the springs under discussion this past summer, zero issue for years with the fix.  I probably could have gone a couple more seasons, but they were getting so short I felt like I ws pushing my luck.  

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

The thread is named CZ TS Mag Spring issue, from 2018.  It's got pics and all the info you are looking for.  Page 54 of 208 in the CZ section.  I started that thread and just changed the springs under discussion this past summer, zero issue for years with the fix.  I probably could have gone a couple more seasons, but they were getting so short I felt like I ws pushing my luck.  

Awesome! Thank you! I will go test this after work tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Follow-up: CZC springs and followers were altered per the above referenced thread. Tested and failed. 

I swapped out for Grams followers and springs (FCKL-11) and the mags ran flawlessly. 

So the hot set-up is CZC basepads and Grams springs and followers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 2:34 PM, Reds_Dot said:

Issue: .40 SW nose-dive rounds.

Equipment: CZ Tac-Sport Orange; CZC Basepads; Grams followers and CZC recommended spring for reloadable 20+1 rounds; 180gr reloads, truncated cone shape; loaded to 1.126 OAL.

So I have this issue where the last 2-3 rounds in the mag nose-dive into the ramp and jam up the gun. I am trying to get this thing sorted out for Lim-Major for the 2022 season. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Also:

I apologize if this is a repeat question but I have Google'd and tried the search function on this forum but haven't found anything and I am not going to slowly peruse 35+ pages of a thread. 

On 12/12/2021 at 8:28 PM, Reds_Dot said:

Follow-up: CZC springs and followers were altered per the above referenced thread. Tested and failed. 

I swapped out for Grams followers and springs (FCKL-11) and the mags ran flawlessly. 

So the hot set-up is CZC basepads and Grams springs and followers.

So I also tried the CZC springs and followers with same issue. Picked up the Grams and zero issues.

Grams' package says their springs need zero tuning. That be true. If CZC springs are so problematic, why don't they tune them or offer directions on how to tune? As far as I can tell, there is only one mag for the TSO 40 so tuning be easily done by the spring/follower manufacture.

Anyhow, for TSO owners this is the fix IMO.

I don't have spare primers, bullets, or range to use to work out tuning three mags so they run during a match. That is BS, especially now with the primer shortage and cost of factory ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that fix didn't work out for you.  Obviously it did for me, but I agree, if I was starting over there is zero chance I'd get the CZC springs/follower combo again.  I had the same issue with a CZC spring/follower in an SP01 mag with their +5 baseplate. I'm still not sure I've worked that one out 100% and I hate to waste ammo to try to test it as extensively as I ought to.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 9:54 AM, scroadkill said:

imo try the factory springs and followers - see if that works. .. and if not try RNFP profile bullets with factory springs/followers.

That ended up being my final solution. I feel silly for never having tried that before. They load to 20 and reload/fee reliably. I still have the Grams springs/followers too, just in case but I am sticking with OE because of how nice they do work. Thanks!