Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I think the answer is no but thought somebody might know for sure.

The rear sight adjustment tool from CZ Custom does not work on these, correct?

I moved mine to the right with an MGM universal tool....of course I told you I didn't have any mag well issues on my other "regular" tactical sport too. :)

On 3/15/2017 at 8:32 PM, huskerlrrp said:

I moved mine to the right with an MGM universal tool....of course I told you I didn't have any mag well issues on my other "regular" tactical sport too. :)

Just checked, CZC answered my question on their website. Their sight pusher is good to go for the TS & TSO as well as the 75's, do not know about the new S2 though. 

Since I am a CZ junkie and anal about getting point of aim right I think I will go for it. 

Edit: Just asked. It works for the Shadow 2 also. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

On 3/10/2017 at 3:39 PM, midatlantic said:

Spoke with CZ customer support and they said the two extra recoil springs are 11 and 13 pounds.

shorter one is 11

Tactical Sport , not TSO but I ASSume they would be the same??

Angus Hobdell from the CZ website :

"We have covered this elewhere, but to recap.

I like to run the lightest spring possible, I am looking for result (not necessarily longevity)
Lighter the spring softer the gun shuts so less movement of the front sight.

I would suggets 14 or 16lb for normal use of TS 40
TS 9mm as low as 10lb depending on ammo"

here is my buffer after one match (<100 rounds). That's with the stock spring that came with the gun. Someone posted above that the spare springs are 11 and 13 pounds with the shorter of the two being 11. The spring that's in the gun is actually the shortest of the 3. Anyone know if that is even lower than the 11 in the spares?? 

Also, has anyone changed out their front sight? Im used to something similar to my Sig Legion w/ a much larger dot (optic surrounded by green; kind of like the TruGlo TFX or TrijiconHDs). Granted Ive only shot a couple matches with the TSO, but im finding a much harder time picking up that TINY red optic. See pic for comparison. Thanks!

17356829_10210644533822730_538108993_o.jpg

17373015_10210648869571121_1820433524_o.jpg

Just an FYI, right after I got done cleaning my S2, I checked the frame width of the TSO and S2.  To my surprise, the width of the frame on the TSO and S2 are identical. I was able to install the S2 safety into my TSO and I think this safety is the way to go with the TSO. 

The stock safeties are too far forward for those of us with small hands to reach. The CZC larger rocker safety is too easy to accidentally engage (as I became all too aware of at the Alabama sectional last week).  Not to mention the right side ambi safety can be held upward if you get a little too high. The thin right side on the S2 safety eliminates this issue. 

I'm not sure if CZ has these up for sale yet but if they are, I believe they are the way to go. If nothing else it should help some of you justify a shadow2.  

After my match tomorrow i'll see if the S2 mag release is compatible with the TSO as well.  The S2 mag release is awesome.  

IMG_4723.JPG

Edited by xXGearheadXx

Shot my match today with the shadow2 safety on the TSO.  Just a club match but 4th overall and 2nd among pistol shooters (PCC Took 1&2)  I had no issues with the safety and I believe this is the way to go with this gun. CZ USA needs to get it in gear and start offering this part on their website. 

I think ive finally got this gun running on all cylanders for limited division. 

-Chop the slide stop or use the included pins without slide stop to prevent accidentally locking the slide back. 

-CZ custom base pads with grams springs and followers.  21 rounds, 20 reloadable without tuning.  

-Blend the magwell.  Easily done but from the factory this is the Achilles heal of the gun. 

Shadow2 safety. Ledged left hand side with flat right hand side.  

Springer pads relative to the CZC pads are junk. The set screws can be damaged by dropping the mag with a few rounds in them... not to mention they require a tiny ass tool to disassemble at a match. 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:48 PM, xXGearheadXx said:

Just an FYI, right after I got done cleaning my S2, I checked the frame width of the TSO and S2.  To my surprise, the width of the frame on the TSO and S2 are identical. I was able to install the S2 safety into my TSO and I think this safety is the way to go with the TSO. 

The stock safeties are too far forward for those of us with small hands to reach. The CZC larger rocker safety is too easy to accidentally engage (as I became all too aware of at the Alabama sectional last week).  Not to mention the right side ambi safety can be held upward if you get a little too high. The thin right side on the S2 safety eliminates this issue. 

I'm not sure if CZ has these up for sale yet but if they are, I believe they are the way to go. If nothing else it should help some of you justify a shadow2.  

After my match tomorrow i'll see if the S2 mag release is compatible with the TSO as well.  The S2 mag release is awesome.  

IMG_4723.JPG

Just curious, do you shoot with your strong hand thumb under the safety lever?

or are you shooting while your strong hand thumb rides over the safety?

On 3/13/2017 at 8:28 AM, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

Also check your grip and sight screws guys, I found one of my rear sight screws wasn't all the way on and a grip screw was starting to work itself loose on one side... not sure if the grip screw loosening has to do with me shooting .40 . but the sight screw was definitely odd to see it almost loose from box

I could have followed that advice but I didn't, so the rear sight walked way over to the right after about 150 rounds. Oh well. Before oopsie gun was post of aim with 180 bayou at 1.13. 

Anybody else ever lose the L bracket that comes with a CZC extended basepad? 

On 3/17/2017 at 3:48 PM, xXGearheadXx said:

Stock mag release is digging a hole under my thumb, so you have my curiosity peaked. Else, dremel. 

You can't currently just buy an S2 safety. The factory one digs a hole in my thumb and the extended option from CZ custom does me no good either. Even ground for clearance it sits too low and my grip activates the safety under recoil. I'm amazed there are no real options here.

4 hours ago, APL-G35 said:

You can't currently just buy an S2 safety. The factory one digs a hole in my thumb and the extended option from CZ custom does me no good either. Even ground for clearance it sits too low and my grip activates the safety under recoil. I'm amazed there are no real options here.

So, with strong hand thumb on top of the safety, your weak hand comes from under and bumps it up on recoil against the downward pressure of your strong hand thumb? Is that correct?

Yes that is what happens. I'm used to riding the safety. I have only shot 1911 and 2011's in competition. It's just a problem for me on my TS orange. I think it's due to my hand size and how low the TS safety is positioned.

Interesting.

i have a problem with 2011s and some 1911s where my high grip seems to force the lower part of grip safety out rendering the trigger safe. Annoying problem and it's a hand shape thing.

i have a buddy with real tiny hands. He can't use the stock orange safety at all, but seems to be good with the CZC large one.

I hope you find something soon that works for you! Wish I could be more of a help!

Thanks. I modified the safety engagement so it will only be in safe when it's fully up in safe position. Hopefully this will keep it from blocking the leg of the sear when it's just moved slightly up from the "off" position.

Working to get the mag release comfortable. This feels a lot better but it will take a range trip to know if it is enough. About 1/8"removed closest to grip. 

release.jpg.0de79ab89dbeeeba45399b743b7906a4.jpg

Edited by IHAVEGAS