Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 S&W Indoor nationals

valerko

12 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

That would be almost worth the trip.  I haven't even SEEN a Strike One and only a couple of Grand Powers.  Thisshere is Glock and 1911 country, none of them funny furrin pistols need apply. 

Come by , I'll let you shoot mine. You'll never pick up glock after that. Lol

9 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

I don't pick up a Glock anyhow.  But I would like to try a Strike One.  What is their production and import status?  I read that somebody was going to build them here. 

I don't really know. Picked up mine at LGS for a good price and really liked the trigger . Normally I shoot Grand Power Xtrim in IDPA , but mine has been out for warrantee repair since last October. Finally was told I'm getting new one , but won't be here in time

On 2/19/2017 at 7:12 PM, valerko said:

I don't really know. Picked up mine at LGS for a good price and really liked the trigger . Normally I shoot Grand Power Xtrim in IDPA , but mine has been out for warrantee repair since last October. Finally was told I'm getting new one , but won't be here in time

Why don't you try shooting a real gun instead of messing around with these broken knockoff glocks..

33 minutes ago, HawkMoney said:

Why don't you try shooting a real gun instead of messing around with these broken knockoff glocks..

tried , didn't like it. Not even that crazy about this one . I shoot Grand Power mostly , this is just a back up gun

Well, I'm going tomorrow. With a USA built pistol but not polymer. Should be fun, it's my 3rd goaround. Not much choices for sanctioned matches here in the northeast in the winter. And a chance to shoot the same match as the "BIG" folks!

FWIW, I did shoot a local USPSA match weekend before last so no predijuce here.

JD

Good match. Somehow they managed to make it more challenging then last year . Wanna see all those USPSA shooters in low light with all those props.

So far , 48th out of 200+ shooter overall. 1 second rule and fault lines really messed me up. I was lot slower then usually , worrying about hits and PEs , but I did manage get a lot les penalty points then last year . Here's some of it

I thought overall it was a great match. Well run and the toughest stages in the 5 years I've been going, a lot of risk vs reward stages. I shot it slower than I would in the past trying to make sure I made good hits and was happy with my performance. The stages I got sloppy showed in the score.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:57 PM, valerko said:

. Wanna see all those USPSA shooters in low light with all those props.

Looks like "all those USPSA shooters" came in and filled the podium again, like usual.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 8:21 PM, valerko said:

yup , and few of them got DQ'd , and IDPA king won again

Amazing how he can beat the second place winner by 65 seconds or so which seems to translate to 33%.  I have not seen that kind of a margin in USPSA nationals, usually there a Charlie or two makes the difference between first and second.

Shot poorly, and worked the entire match as I have for the past 6 years. Considering that this match almost didn't happen, I'd say everyone that stepped in and up to make this happen really deserve a big hand. In general the match went very smooth, and the feedback from shooters was outstanding.

I worked the last bay, stages 12/13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, safeactionjackson said:

Shot poorly, and worked the entire match as I have for the past 6 years. Considering that this match almost didn't happen, I'd say everyone that stepped in and up to make this happen really deserve a big hand. In general the match went very smooth, and the feedback from shooters was outstanding.

I worked the last bay, stages 12/13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And we all thank you from bottom of our hearts  . It was an excellent match.

http://members.idpa.com/Content/Competitions/Scores/aj3njawl.3ak.pdf

Vogel's final time at 204.84, next closest shooter is 264.58.  I don't think I counted more than 10 shooters under the 300 second mark.

+1 second penalty really spread out the scores...

From what I'm reading above, the late coordination to the match didn't bring all the top shooters either.  

But the +1 second penalty totally changes the game dynamic.