Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Rifle Series

epracmetcon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Honestly, all the PRS shooters I know say not to waste time with gas guns. Even if the mechanical accuracy is the same it's a lot harder to drive a gas gun (especially a large frame) with precision while shooting from odd positions.

Looks like they've got whole divisions just for gas guns, so I assume I'd be shooting against people with the same handicaps. I'd love to have a RPR or some other bolt gun eventually, but I chose the AR-10 to keep at least one AR in the safe. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, PatriotMRD said:

They have an entire series called the "Gas Gun Series" that just started this year.

I was just looking at this the other day, it looks like it has 3 gun-esque time plus scoring and incorporates some pistol shooting. Sounds awesome, hopefully some matches pop up in my neck of the woods. 

• 7 months later...

Following, just curious if this will get enough attention on this forum since I come here for other shooting sports.

Shot my first PRS last year with an AR308 we built in our shop for a customer that is still saving money for a good scope. I asked him if I could put my Nightforce ATACR on it to see how its shoots and he was all for it. My nephew made some match ammo, we got it sighted in, doped and a free ballistics app on my phone. Came in 47th place out of 110 shooters, took 3rd place on one stage and only saw two of us "Gas Guns" competiting.

Witnessed several bolt guns running out of par time, several bolt guns malfunctioning, struggling with cocking or (Savage's not staying cocked?) etc. I hit everything out to the farthest target 745 yards. I had trouble because I didnt have enough bags for support, didnt have experience on how to shoot off of some of the platforms or a pair of binoculars to help find targets!

We now have two clubs running a series of matches, my own AR308 and cant wait to go back! Not scared of any bolt guns either, ours 3rd from the bottom 

20180104_135417.jpg