Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing a burris rds with a doctor rds

SSTim

Hi ,

This is probably an over thinking question - I have an infinity slide that was cut for a rds i.e. its flat with the 4 locating pins to accommodate the mini red dot - currently it has a burris fitted - the burris has a rubberized shim plate that fits between the sight and the slide, I want to fit a doctor rds (same mounting holes / screw pattern) - there does not appear to be an equivalent shim for the doctor sight. My question is does the doctor rds screw directly onto the slide without this insulation , which means that the battery rests directly on the slide, or do I need to insulate the sight by some means . Note the burris plate is bigger that the doctor sight as the burris has a switch (which recoil and fat fingers occasionally manage to turn off while shooting) and does not fit with the doctor rds

Thanks in advance for your insight (no pun intended)

Tim

I believe it will as my 1911 was done for a Docter and with the plastic insert I am running a Burris FF III on it.  What you are referring to is not a shim, it's an adapter to use different dots sights.  Made by Arrendondo.

I run a slide mounted docter sight on a slide machined for the sight. The docter sight mounts on the slide with out any shims but it uses a small felt circle under the battery to put pressure the battery . If the screws and pins line up it should work.