Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from Ohio!

WildBillOH

Hey everyone, coming to you live from balmy NW Ohio! I've been a longtime lurker here...finally decided to create a profile.

Been out of the hobby for a few years and getting back into it with my teenage son. Right now we are doing an indoor winter fun league and enjoying it. I'm hoping to get him interested in trying some outdoor competitions this summer. We are lucky to be close enough to Camp Perry that we can benefit from the CMP matches.

Thanks for listening!

-Bill

Thanks HP Jack!

Right now in league we are just shooting a couple of my Buck Marks for rimfire / iron sight class to keep the costs down. He really wants to shoot centerfire next time, but it will def be more for both of us, ammo wise.

I'd like to try my hand at Steel Challenge, and get him into it too. Not sure what options we have in this area.

Hoping to take the Range Safety Officer class and volunteer at the CMP National Matches this summer, along with competing in a few.

Welcome to the forums! Not a whole lot of Steel challenge in OH but if you ever want to try USPSA there is plenty to choose from. I'm all the way down in Cincy but there are several matches and good people running things up north.

Hey Sarge, it's been a couple years since I was in the Cincy area, although would like to get down to see a Reds game this season.

I stumbled upon the Northwest Ohio Combat Pistol Club website, which looks like they have USPSA matches and not far from me. I definitely want to check that when they have their first match of the season.