Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 brass to face

marky123

Don't think it's springs. I've only changed the recoil spring about 6 times in 200,000 rounds, and never changed the depressor plunger spring. Check for a broken or chipped extractor. That will instantly change the ejection. That is usually caused by dropping a round in the chamber, then letting the slide go.

Replace extractor with the apex brand.  It was designed because of brass to face.  There are some reports where it didn't work, but has helped quite a lot.  Another choice is the white sound defense depressor plunger and spring.  You can also change the gen 3 ejector with the gen 4.  Just grab the ejector and pull straight out of the trigger assembly and replace with the gen4.

A combination of what everyone is saying.  Start by cleaning the depressor plunger channel, plunger, etc.very well.  Put in a new extractor and the Gen4 ejector.  New depressor plunger spring.  In time, some Glocks end up with the extractor starting to slip of the rim of the case resulting in eratic ejection and even stove pipes.  I have a couple of other mods I do, but if you get them wrong you make things worse.  I increase the tension on the extractor and modify the ejectors when this happens.