Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW case gauge issue

postalpainmaker

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know about EGW for 300B, but for 9mm they are pretty tight, about the same as my wilson.  Suggest you take a magic marker and paint the bullet and case to see where the interference is.  I had a heck of a time working up loads with 124 gr Zeros. They would plunk fine, pass the Shockbottle gage, fail on either the EGW and/or the Wilson. Marker was getting rubbed off the bullet above the case mouth. Turns out they needed to be seated shorter to reliably pass the EGW and Wilson. Hope this helps some. 

Dont know about EGW for 300B, but for 9mm they are pretty tight, about the same as my wilson.  Suggest you take a magic marker and paint the bullet and case to see where the interference is.  I had a heck of a time working up loads with 124 gr Zeros. They would plunk fine, pass the Shockbottle gage, fail on either the EGW and/or the Wilson. Marker was getting rubbed off the bullet above the case mouth. Turns out they needed to be seated shorter to reliably pass the EGW and Wilson. Hope this helps some. 

Will do, good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found that the EGW case gauges are made to the minimum cartridge specification. Most others are .001-.002 larger but still in specification. I have found that switching to small base sizing dies for rifle or undersized dies for pistol, produced ammo that easily gages now in the EGW or for that matter, the Sheridan Engineering gauges.

• 1 month later...