Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 USPSA Revolver Nationals

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/8/2017 at 9:50 AM, Richard Koester said:

Looks like a slow sign up. Since they moved it from Mothers Day,  I was hoping to see more shooters.  Maybe some are just skerrit. ;)

I don't see what Tom Skerritt has to do with this.  I wasn't even aware he shot revo.

MV5BNzY3Mjk5MTMyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjUx

13 hours ago, PatJones said:

I'll come back when it leaves PASA park.

Pat FWIW I have talked to Mike Foley a couple of times since the first of the year and USPSA is changing up the Pasa matches.

He said some 28-32 round stages and a balanced mix of short courses and medium courses. Also some different stage designers so it should have a different flavor.

A couple of weeks ago he said a round count of 300+ IIRC.

Now if you just don't like PASA then none of that will help.

28 minutes ago, Alaskan454 said:

Where did they hold it before PASA?

It was incorporated with the other nationals that moved around the country. Attendance was low and some of that was because shooters had to pick a division. Many shooters shoot several divisions and usually pick their strongest for nationals. Very few dedicated Revolver shooters attended nationals. 

Attendance went up when it became stand alone.

We'll see. I was not impressed with the way the match was set up last year. There will have to be some glowing reviews here at Benos to get me back to PASA park.

I have limited vacation days each year, and I'd rather travel to shoot Carmony's match. You holding a regional this year Mike?

On 2/16/2017 at 9:11 PM, PatJones said:

We'll see. I was not impressed with the way the match was set up last year. There will have to be some glowing reviews here at Benos to get me back to PASA park.

I have limited vacation days each year, and I'd rather travel to shoot Carmony's match. You holding a regional this year Mike?

No, the Midwest ICORE Regional will be held this spring at the Green Valley club in Missouri.  Check the ICORE calendar for dates and details.

On 2/8/2017 at 10:50 AM, Richard Koester said:

Looks like a slow sign up. Since they moved it from Mothers Day,  I was hoping to see more shooters.  Maybe some are just skerrit. ;)

Sad to say it, but Revolver Division is on life support.  

I've been shooting production.

I needed a break, so I took the 625 to a match last Sunday. I had more fun than I've had in a while. It's the lack of competition that makes me shoot other divisions. I practice more when there's someone to lose to. I'd rather just shoot revolver though.

On 2/18/2017 at 6:48 PM, Carmoney said:

Sad to say it, but Revolver Division is on life support.  

Mr. Carmoney what can we do to draw more interest to the revolver division? I know for a fact that since my son starting shooting it at least 5 people have actually bought revolvers with plans to shoot it. Have they started? Some started and stopped. Some haven't even started. I'm not sure if anything can be done but it sure is a shame that the revolver division has such limited interest and like you say is on life support.