Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 USPSA Revolver Nationals

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first time going so I hope it's a good match.  Is there a good reason why it's been at PASA for so long?  It seems like there are several large venues to choose from.

Nearly any of those other venues would be a better option. The quality of the match at last year's Revo Nats explains why I've been shooting production since last spring.

Let PASA have their single stack classic. Move both nationals to somewhere willing to host a USPSA match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, fishhunter3 said:

is any body else just starting to reload for the match? leaving in morning thought I better not wait till last minute to start :) after all it's just the nationals.

Yup, about half way done right now. 

15 minutes ago, PatJones said:

How were the stages?

This was my first time attending but I thought it was a fun match that challenged an assortment of skills.  I will be going back next year if they hold it at PASA.  Maybe one of the returning shooters could chime in, I'm interested to see what kind of feedback they have compared to prior years.  Here's some video that I took if you want a POV perspective:

The stages were absolutely worlds better over the ones in recent years, I'm glad the style of the match changed. The stages were interesting, had some options, and were challenging.

17 minutes ago, PatJones said:

A major gun in the top 10.

That was a mistake he was shooting minor and was corrected later. Don't know why they didn't repost scores. It only dropped him a couple of spots.

11 hours ago, PatJones said:

How were the stages?

Match was WAY better than before. Stages were on par with other major matches. Match ran smooth and on time or even early. Revolver shot 12 instead of 15 stages due to mud, etc. I thought it was a well balanced match.

A huge THANK YOU to the staff and everyone that made the match happen. Also THANK YOU to the sponsors that supported this match.

Last but not least congrats to all the winners.

Edited by Bosshoss

Match was WAY better than before. Stages were on par with other major matches. Match ran smooth and on time or even early. Revolver shot 12 instead of 15 stages due to med, etc. I thought it was a well balanced match.
A huge THANK YOU to the staff and everyone that made the match happen. Also THANK YOU to the sponsors that supported this match.
Last but not least congrats to all the winners.

I couldn't agree more... it should bring more shooters out next year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looking at the results.

Not a single 6 shooter.

Only 80 competitors.

Not as many names that you used to always see. Not just at the top either.

Maybe the rule change , or maybe the format from the last few years.

DEFINITELY DIFFERENT

Hop

2 minutes ago, PatJones said:

Why only 12 stages?

Two of the stages had targets and poppers in a muddy mess. Not sure why they dropped the dark house but I was never sure why they had it in the first place.

15 hours ago, hopalong said:

Looking at the results.

Not a single 6 shooter.

Only 80 competitors.

Not as many names that you used to always see. Not just at the top either.

Maybe the rule change , or maybe the format from the last few years.

DEFINITELY DIFFERENT

Hop

Sam I know several shooters that had conflicts with other matches, Graduations, etc. I heard some complain about the stages from years past (including me) and even with the match book posted ahead of time they still didn't show. Lots bitched about the previous matches being on mothers day and this year it wasn't and lots of them still didn't show.

We all know some shooters would rather bitch than shoot:lol:

Wife and I are trying to sell our house and are looking for a new one. We are cleaning and packing and putting things in storage. We have been so busy that this match was a HUGE intrusion with everything we have going on. I still didn't want to miss it and showed up to shoot. My head wasn't in the game at all and I shot the worst major I ever shot. BUT I was still there and supporting revolver division.

The best part was shooting with friends and seeing some of the people I only see once or twice a year. Got to meet some great people on our squad that I had never met or shot with before.

While a lot of the "regulars" weren't there there were a lot of new faces and first timers.

Life happens and I understand several had conflicts but new shooters made up for it.   

36 minutes ago, PatJones said:

I'm considering driving out next year. I wanted to get favorable reports from this year before I went back to PASA.

I think it would be worth the trip Pat. If it is held at Pasa next year;)